RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Injury Treatment and Prevention

Premier Sponsor:

Partner phylp

Feb 2, 2002, 3:09 PM
Post #1 of 3 (1368 views)
Shortcut

tendonitis
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

You poor thing. OK I won't tell you all the horror stories I know about friends who persisted in climbing thru the pain of their tendonitis...
Here IS an alternative: Are you sure it's tendonitis? My husband was a serious tennis player for years until he developed tendonitis. And as a climber he has had to be careful not to let that flareup. But one day we happened to be seeing an excellent hand/arm surgeon about something else, and my husband made passing mention of his elbow tendonitis. The surgeon asked him to point to the spot that got sore and told him, flat out. "That's not tendonitis. I can fix that forever with a simple surgery." I cannot remember the whole story but it had something to do with the channel that the nerve runs thru, and for lean people as they get more muscular development it starts crowding the channel. Or something like this. According to him, fairly common and often misdiagnosed as tendonitis.
Ta! I'm off to Mexico for a week. Good luck.

lawnboy

Feb 2, 2002, 6:20 PM
Post #2 of 3 (1368 views)
Shortcut

tendonitis [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

i just had the same thing happen to me i satarted to get these shooting pains down my arm and i htought it was tendonitis. I didn't climb for a week and it got better. I hope everyting turns out okay with you!

miagi

Feb 3, 2002, 8:27 AM
Post #3 of 3 (1368 views)
Shortcut

tendonitis [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Well, unless you have had tendonitis before you really cant determine if you have it or not (my dad's a doctor). Ive seen alot of my classmates who have had it in football so tendonitis isnt unfamiliar. The sole thing you should do is consult a doctor to see exactly what it is and then usually following you should see a physical therapist. Also dont strain it by exercise

Forums : Climbing Information : Injury Treatment and Prevention

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook