RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

socialclimber

Feb 4, 2002, 2:11 AM
Post #1 of 6 (1304 views)
Shortcut

Unknown Areas
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Your profile says you have only been climbing for a few months. The climbing area has been there quite a while I would guess. I reckon if it ain't broke, don't fix it. But it's your call.

rockhippie

Feb 13, 2002, 6:33 PM
Post #2 of 6 (1304 views)
Shortcut

Unknown Areas [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

just ask around, the people who can answer that question best are the people who use the area. maybe they like it the way it is.
plus they would have any info you could need about the area.

miagi

Feb 13, 2002, 7:12 PM
Post #3 of 6 (1304 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well if you have this supposedly greatest sport routes in the state, why would you want it publically anounced. If you already know people that can climb with you all "publicly announcing" it would just make it really crowded. Only reason i see wanting it to be public is to meet other climbers.

atg200

Feb 13, 2002, 8:39 PM
Post #4 of 6 (1304 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

chill orngave. a good point was made. if access is sketchy, don't publicize it. anough areas have been closed. many semi-open areas are only open because of low profiles. i haven't checked your profile or know anythin about you, but if you are relatively new to the area(like less than 3 years), let it lie. not everything has to be the next yosemite.

andrew "knows tons of secret areas on sketchy land he isn't putting in the routes database" gram

uhighfreak

Feb 13, 2002, 8:49 PM
Post #5 of 6 (1304 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

It's your call. I would say that if it is privately owned, then I would keep it secret until you talked with some of the experienced climbers that climb there. Also, you may try the place out and not tell others of the place so you can reap the benefits of a secluded area where you can climb in peace

gunked

Feb 14, 2002, 11:31 AM
Post #6 of 6 (1304 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

If your aim is to find out about it while keeping it private, then spend as much time as you can at said area and ask a local.

The other option as I see it is to hope that one of those locals reads this thread and privately contacts you through email or something.

Regardless, grab a friend you trust and go climbing. It's a sport area, right? So falls are, theoretically (safe bolts), not a big issue. Go out and jump on the easiest looking routes and work your way up. In this manner, the worst that can happen is you'll bring some adventure back into climbing. What more could you ask for?

Seclusion, good pro, and adventure. Wish I was the one posting this topic!

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook