RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Gear Heads

Premier Sponsor:

rccg

Feb 5, 2002, 10:48 PM
Post #1 of 2 (837 views)
Shortcut

Metal Jack Cams.
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I want to know if any of you have heard of or used Ocun Metal Jack Cams. They are sold by ClimbAxe.com. They are a Camalot look-a-like, at half the price. They do not have machined stops. I was wondering if machined stops are a critical buying point of cams, and if so why? They are CE certified, I was just wanting any input from anyone familiar with these cams. Thanks for any info.

krustyklimber

Feb 10, 2002, 4:47 AM
Post #2 of 2 (837 views)
Shortcut

Metal Jack Cams. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

In most rock and with good placements cam stops aren't needed, that said, we don't live in a perfect world. The reason cams have stops is so they don't flip around (like an umbrella in the wind) when you fall on them, when they are placed at or near the full open position. Since I am sometimes forced to use less than optimal placements for my cams I like having the stops, (I own mostly Camalots) they give me a wider range of secure feeling useage. Now maybe that's just a feeling, but thats what it's all about, isn't it,feeling good about the pro you placed.

I am not familiar with the cams you spoke of, but I hope I answered at least part of your question.
Jeff

Forums : Climbing Information : Gear Heads

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$19.76 (10% off)

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook