Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

ezjay40

Oct 5, 2003, 9:50 PM
Post #1 of 51 (5735 views)
Shortcut

Canadian air mass Blows in West Virginia
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

No it's not lake effect snow that blow in this time. But three wonderful Rock climbers from the Great North . "A" It was truly my pleaser to show these's Guys around . We had sooo many laugh's where do I start? How about the beginning.
I got down seneca early in hopes of getting a chance of climbing with Bryan and Pete from the NRP. And that we did Bryan did the first free ascent of Hemlock Roof 5-9x . Bryan didn't miss a beat . He nail it despite the lack of pro. Way to go dude! Then off to work on one of Petes project .
another nice line .
Hope u got the ropes down ok Pete , the rain that nite surprized me !
I think setting atop Nelsons and watching the sun set over Spruce Knob was the most memorable for me or was it Rob dropping that case of Goood Canadian Beer on the driveway > that was soooo Funny, these Bud lite where shooting 6 and 8 ft. in the Air and then Kevin ask! Pete would u like a Beer . I was no good after that ! It was to Die for ...

I had to meet boys from canadian on the campground the next day. What a great bunch of guys... and that the where "A" With kevin , Rob the beef master and Andrew "O" somewhere along the line we picked up "Climbing Betty " We had started out in the sun on the east face of seneca with conns east direct to solar , conns east , pollux and finished on frosted flake. and I won't tell u y we did pollux ~Now that was hell of a day. O and coming down the trail at nite was a first ascent for me! and I had three more days to go. Dang I almost forgot . Butt when we got back to camp Ben had the home Fire's burning for us ... Now thats living ! Thanxs Ben

Well the second day started with my head lamp going in the pack first and off to the west face . Now it was cold the first day but this second day of climbing brought the wind . We couldn't get away from it on triple S and when Climbing Betty toped out on Humpherys Head she had said something like it was the best job he ever got~ That wind was kick'n .
So we dropped down on the Burn. it wasn't pretty but kevin shivered his way throw it . Now after two Great days of climbing we had to have a nite out, so we hit Smoky Joes riverside Cafe for a evening of Food and refreshments... wow that was fun ! the laughter could be hired for miles. and no one was playing golf ` remember somethings u just have to be there "eh"... ! smoke that critter out of that hole , Ground Hog , Ground Hog

Now one of those morning's we had woke to a winter wonderland of pure winter > And yes it was cold < So we got our normal late start and off to finish the west face in good style. Back to the burn we went then to luncheon ledge where we picked a good line ...West Pole {did Rob suggest that one } Hm! well anyway we rock that gin joint . Put dang that one made me feel out of shape { could someone tell me of a good gym~} So we did the West Face in "style " I bet Rob still has those orange pants on !

Well it had Rained again that last evening and I was plum tuckered out ! So we called it a week and that it was... one fine time ...my Friends from the Great White North . If the Wind ever Blows this way again you cum look me up ! "O" and don't forget Rob ! not that he would let you anyway. While in Rome { call collect }

I saw the writing on the wall > you guys are so mean ,Butt I got a pic of it ~!
Blaze on !

ok ok one more thing I was talking to Sally the nite before I had left and she was telling me of all the great climbs she was doing out west and My little seneca just seem so insignificant . That I would like to thank you for recharging my batteries . So how u say girl " u guys Rock "
Peace out !

Partner one900johnnyk

Oct 5, 2003, 10:48 PM
Post #2 of 51 (5735 views)
Shortcut

Re: Canadian air mass Blows in West Virgina [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

by "A" do you mean "eh" ??? ..eh

darkside

Oct 6, 2003, 12:38 AM
Post #3 of 51 (5735 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Canadians use it at the end of a sentence eh!! :wink:

climbingbetty22

Oct 6, 2003, 12:43 AM
Post #4 of 51 (5735 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

That's climbingbetty to you, Big D! But I'll second that, I had a great time too..until the Canadian airmass spontaneously and suddenly lifted with out informing me so I didn't unnecessarily drive down there a second time!

URG! :x That's 3 hours of my life and half a tank of gas I'll never get back! :x

ezjay40

Oct 6, 2003, 10:50 AM
Post #5 of 51 (5735 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
That's climbingbetty to you, Big D! But I'll second that, I had a great time too..until the Canadian airmass spontaneously and suddenly lifted with out informing me so I didn't unnecessarily drive down there a second time!

URG! :x That's 3 hours of my life and half a tank of gas I'll never get back! :x

Well if I wasn't so tight with Rob >1900 would be my second choice. Nice Guy... truly

Good to c u guys busting some keys "A"

If thats the only thing I get wrong , we are in good shape "eh"

O and Christa ... Scalleywag was telling me that she didn't see many Girls leading when she was at Seneca . So you go Girl !

vertical_reality

Oct 6, 2003, 1:39 PM
Post #6 of 51 (5735 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

Contrary to popular belief, only people from Ontario say "Eh". That's like saying all Americans say "Y'all".

orangekyak

Oct 6, 2003, 1:43 PM
Post #7 of 51 (5735 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hoppinbig and co. corrupt yet another part of the US ... nice job, boys. You picked right - it rained all Saturday at the Gunks. Had a good time with a fun crew though, mostly eating and drinking, hackying our way down the sidewalks of new paltz.

we saw beth rodden at the bacchus and I thought we were going to get to see her climb ken's crack but she was just chillin, I guess. so we walked on and did ONE climb. climbing with new partners ... so slow. but anyway, all in all it was a good trip.

Glad to hear seneca was a blast.

hoppinbig

Oct 6, 2003, 1:50 PM
Post #8 of 51 (5735 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks for the trip report Dennis! First and foremost - Dennis (Ezjay) is the MAN! This guy was the best guide a pack of smokes could buy! He put up with our late morning starts and strange canadian habits (like certain individuals wearing the same orange pants for 5 days in a row) sorry about all that blood on your nice half ropes too Dennis - my fingers still have dried blood on em.... GROUNDHOG!!

Dennis was sure to put us some great classics - but damn - whoever goes on West Pole - watch that manky chockstone, its car killer size!

Seriously though Dennis, Christa and Ben are all great people - thanks for making these pathetic canadians welcome in the fine state of West Virginia - By the grace of God!

As for Seneca I will be back - I didn't get my shot at Crack of Dawn - so I will be back ya'll - have Joe start cooking that roast now, should be done by the time I get back there!

climbingbetty22

Oct 6, 2003, 2:06 PM
Post #9 of 51 (5735 views)
Shortcut

Re: Canadian air mass Blows in West Virginia [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Big D, I have to ask, you weren't perhaps drunk when you put up this post were you???

hoppinbig

Oct 6, 2003, 2:09 PM
Post #10 of 51 (5735 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Haha - Christa I was wonderin the same thing - come here and let me show you my Groundhog!

darkside

Oct 6, 2003, 2:18 PM
Post #11 of 51 (5735 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Contrary to popular belief, only people from Ontario say "Eh". That's like saying all Americans say "Y'all".
While it may be more prevalent in Ontario, y'all know it gets used elsewhere too eh. :lol:

So Kevin and Dennis, you two met eh. I'm not sure who to feel most sorry for ya pair of reprobates. :roll: Glad to hear you all had fun. Now I know why you didn't return my call Kevin, we'll see about roping up again before too long.

vertical_reality

Oct 6, 2003, 2:23 PM
Post #12 of 51 (5735 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
While it may be more prevalent in Ontario, y'all know it gets used elsewhere too eh. :lol:

Ya, mostly in the US!!! :lol:

hoppinbig

Oct 6, 2003, 2:39 PM
Post #13 of 51 (5735 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Huh - why does everyone like make fun of us Canadians eh? not like we look funny and talk funny....

Oh damn you guys saw us after 4 days of no showers - and after drinking ourselves to stupidity - nothing like being drunk and scolded by some old man in a golf cart... guess we did look and talk funny after all....

zap

Oct 6, 2003, 3:36 PM
Post #14 of 51 (5735 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hey, was a great time for me also. sure wish i would have been there to see you smoke the burn on friday. but i must admit that the lure of a warm bed that nite (was 24 degrees friday morn) and the lack of true canadian beer was more than i can stand! looking forward to you guys getting back in the spring. hopefully rob will be able to afford a new pair of orange pants by then! eh!
betty and ezjay. blast meeting ya. let me know if ya want to climb sometime.

hoppinbig

Oct 6, 2003, 3:49 PM
Post #15 of 51 (5735 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Ben (Zap) lets see some pics dude!!! Either mail em to my work address or post em on this site.....

I'm going through climbing withdrawl today in corporate hell....

Help me jesus

orangepants

Oct 6, 2003, 5:31 PM
Post #16 of 51 (5735 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Ok ok... I finally logged onto this site, if for nothing else but to defend the honour of my orange pants. (notice the Canadian spelling of "honour")

Truly had a great time at Seneca and thank you to Dennis for your excellent WV hospitality. Next time we come down there, we'll make sure Kevin doesn't vito our Canadian beer run.

Cheers. :wink:

hoppinbig

Oct 6, 2003, 5:48 PM
Post #17 of 51 (5735 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Orangepants - why the hell are you on here? This is a website for rock climber's not wanna be, wish I could do that.... posers ;)

orangepants

Oct 6, 2003, 6:09 PM
Post #18 of 51 (5735 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

alright HoppinSmall..... be nice. Seems to me that you've got a touch of Orange Pants envy.

On a side note... totally nice to meet Zap and Cimbingbetty.... Along with Dennis, you all rock!!!

And Climbingbetty, thanks for the vegetarian (with ham) pizza. Heals all wounds. Except for that big gash on my nose. :?

johnfromohio

Oct 6, 2003, 7:16 PM
Post #19 of 51 (5735 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

what is it with the backward canadians visiting backwards west virginia :roll:

i am from ohio now and yall prolly think it is weird an ohio farm boy climb. Popular opinion in ohio is that west virginia is full of backward people, and so is canada,

frankly that is because most ohians have their head stuck in the dirt. Frankly I joined up with a group of local Morgantown people the last time I was down at Coopers and they were very friendly.

At Summersville I hooked up with a group of german, french, and canadian climbers. Other than the stink coming from the frenchman it was pretty nice group.

I will say this about climbers, we are a very open minded group of people that is extremely helpful, typically

alot of spraylords from the gym's muck it up though.

hoppinbig

Oct 6, 2003, 8:06 PM
Post #20 of 51 (5735 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Who said we were backwards? Damn just cause i think my cousin is hot?? She is though - damn, a few pints of old english and well you know....

Baaaaaaaaaaa

bishop

Oct 6, 2003, 8:17 PM
Post #21 of 51 (5735 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey gang... thanks for making it another memorable trip south. I love this site... so far all the people I've met off of it have been super nice.

Thanks to the WV crew for showing us your rock. You'll have to come north or the boarder sometime so that we can return the favor. Who knows... I may be back down that way in a couple of weeks.

The pics are being developed as we speak and will send soon.

cheers

PS. orangepants... it's about time you got on to the site... and while you're here... why don't you tell our good friends how you obtained this wonderful gash on your nose.

bishop

Oct 6, 2003, 8:20 PM
Post #22 of 51 (5735 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

GROUND HOG!

orangepants

Oct 6, 2003, 8:22 PM
Post #23 of 51 (5735 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

.... and Miss Congeniality goes to Bishop.

I'll have the number 5..... the number 5!! :twisted:

ezjay40

Oct 6, 2003, 9:14 PM
Post #24 of 51 (5735 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Big D, I have to ask, you weren't perhaps drunk when you put up this post were you???

What ? Does it look that bad ? I haven't had to write in like 20 some yrs!
stupid is as stupid does... Higher the handy cap there fun to watch

But I tried... Hey ! I can take a shower and change my pants !
well most of the time

And It was my pleasure to make yours and Ben acquaintance.
I guess that didn't look right... but u guys live there .
You Guys give me a shout any time you want to get it done.

hoppinbig

Oct 6, 2003, 9:19 PM
Post #25 of 51 (5735 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Dennis - damn you're typing is awesome bro! Don't change!

All i could think about today were the awesome climbs we did - I wanna go back... :(

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Trip Reports

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook