RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

jt512

Feb 15, 2002, 9:13 AM
Post #1 of 6 (1194 views)
Shortcut

How obsessive a climber are you?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Climberchic mentioned in another thread that once she starts working on a boulder problem, she can't do anything else until she sends it. That's pretty much me too. I spent all summer working a project that was to be my first 5.12b. I worked this route up to three days a week for three months and never got past the one-fall-at-the-crux stage. So, question: What is the longest time you've worked, or the most attempts you've made, on a route or boulder problem?

helmut

Feb 15, 2002, 11:11 AM
Post #2 of 6 (1194 views)
Shortcut

How obsessive a climber are you? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I once spent like 45 minutes trying to make this one move. As a general rule of thumb, I like to climb high and often with smooth moves within my limits rather than spending too much time working a particularly difficult section.

backtrack

Feb 15, 2002, 11:26 AM
Post #3 of 6 (1194 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

over and over 'till my hands are shaking uncontrollably and the harness is cutting into my thighs-- and every day (or every other at the most) until i get it. "i want it."

Partner iclimbtoo

Feb 15, 2002, 12:25 PM
Post #4 of 6 (1194 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I spent 3 hours a day for a month on this one 11- until I hit the crux. I usually spend 3 hours a day or more climbing, but not on one route, and not for a whole month!!! Finally though!!!

orestes1724

Feb 15, 2002, 12:32 PM
Post #5 of 6 (1194 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i spent a month on a bouldering problem in the gym every other day almost untill i got it. and it took me all summer to get a problem at a crag in manchester NH. now its really easy.

crackaddict

Feb 15, 2002, 2:48 PM
Post #6 of 6 (1194 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

You know I never spend too much time on one specific route or problem. I guess I have a short attention span. Usually if I spend more than an hour trying I will get too frustrated. I also don't like wasting time on one thing because I ussually like to do a lot when I am out climbing. Some times I will try it one day and wont come back to it for a while. If I get to where I can't do a route. I spend that day just figureing out the moves. Then I go home. The next time I try it I try to send it. If that fails I work on linking it. Then the next time I go out I usually send it. I can usually only do a hard route when I am fresh. So I will do it after a warm up. But to answer the question I don't like to obsess over a route because I have better chance of doing it when the time is right and I feel good about it. Looking at it and working it every day just makes it worse for me.

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$7.65 (10% off)
$16.16 (10% off)
$12.56 (10% off)
$71.96 (10% off)

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook