RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

kaptk

Feb 17, 2002, 10:42 PM
Post #1 of 6 (1276 views)
Shortcut

Starting a climbing club at my school?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I am looking into starting a climbing club at NKU where I go to school. I would like to know if any of you have gone through this process, and if so any ideas you have about things to try and things to avoid. My school has an email based newsletter that goes out to all students and I am considering putting an announcement on there. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

dontneedfeet

Feb 17, 2002, 11:05 PM
Post #2 of 6 (1276 views)
Shortcut

Starting a climbing club at my school? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

From what I understand, you'll probably need a lot of lawyers.

kaptk

Feb 17, 2002, 11:25 PM
Post #3 of 6 (1276 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

We aren't going to be having a wall at the school. It will mainly be a way for people with a like interest to find people to climb with at the local gyms and for road trips to RRG. I hope we won't need lawyers for that.

kahuna3602

Feb 18, 2002, 12:28 AM
Post #4 of 6 (1276 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

You may or may not be sanctioned by the school, depending on their attitude, but they can't stop you from making a club. Try to hook up with a local gym, ours gives discounts to students, then after getting to know each other head on out!

miagi

Feb 18, 2002, 7:35 AM
Post #5 of 6 (1276 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I tried to get a paintball club at my school. It didnt pass though. Its harder than you think. You need to get it OK'd by the principal and the student board of education. My guess is that you will need a considerable amount of students who want to have the club, a rough guideline of what you will be doing and where it will be at and plus you will most likely need a Certified rock climber / belayer. After all if its a club related to the school, any injuries will be blamed on the school - so they dont want to be sued. Thats all your really need though. Just print out some papers saying all you will be doing and where so they know that this club just wont be twideling their thumbs and have a certified person there. Good luck

Partner russman

Feb 18, 2002, 11:46 AM
Post #6 of 6 (1276 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The other thing to think about and might help you get your "CLUB" status from the Skool and possibly get $$$ is to outline that once a month the club will get together and do a couple hour service project...either on campus or in town. That would help also. Good Luck, I wish I would have thought of that in college. I bet I could have had tons. Go get 'em

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$120.02 (10% off)
$19.76 (10% off)
$6.75 (10% off)
$53.96 (10% off)

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook