RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Mental Training: The Rock Warrior's Way

Premier Sponsor:

lou_dale

Oct 24, 2003, 5:55 PM
Post #1 of 1 (1106 views)
Shortcut

The Principles, Learning and Sharing from them -
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I have a suggestion on where to go from here. In the book, you have the 7 principles grouped in chapters. Each chapter gives many examples of how Arno (through his own trials and errors) learned to further his climbing and mental training. He gave many examples of what he had done in the past, then gave new examples (even photos) of how to improve that situation - make it better. He explains there is no right or wrong - but I think we could all agree - there is good and then there is better (and even better-er).

So the suggestion is - whether you trad lead, sport lead, work on plastic in a gym or boulder or boulder on a wall in your basement (me when I can't get out) - we can use the principles for training or improving by using the book - bouncing ideas off each other - helping each other.

Just a suggestion but I feel that we have a great variety of likes and ages both male and female here and we can all learn a lot from one another.

With colder weather coming, it may be increasingly difficult for some to get out - but usually if one can't get outside, one can go to a gym or boulder or like I said - we have a basement bouldering wall.

Falling is falling and although I admit that I do go 5 octaves higher when I fall off a trad or sport route - I also admit that in a gym, it is still scarey and when I fall off the ceiling in our basement - 9 feet high - it still feels wiggy. Any way you look at it - a fall is a fall - consequences are consequences.

So, with that in mind and hopefully with open minds, we can proceed in this way. It is very likely also that principle number one may not affect some, but may affect others deeply. In that case, those of us who ARE affected can learn from those who aren't.

It's not likely that any one person will have serious issues with all 7 principles - maybe one, maybe five - but those who don't CAN help those who do and vice versa........this way we can all help each other become better climbers - no matter what it is we climb.

Scenerios, situations, advice - helping each other in the warrior's principles, with compassion.

I am in no way trying (sorry for using the trying word, Arno) to teach from the book - only suggesting a way to go from square one.

If this isn't "a plan" to go with, I'm up for whatever anybody else may suggest as well.

I'm just thrilled to be part of the group as well as thrilled to know there are so many out there who embrace this type of thinking. No matter what, I want to feel fulfilled - whether I make it to the top of a route or not-and above all, be safe - and have others around me be safe as well.

Safe and happy.

Forums : Clubs : Mental Training: The Rock Warrior's Way

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook