RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Mental Training: The Rock Warrior's Way

Premier Sponsor:

dalguard

Nov 4, 2003, 7:31 PM
Post #1 of 4 (4688 views)
Shortcut

Good quotes
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Here are two lines I picked out of the book that I've found particularly meaningful:

In reply to:
You are not invinceable but your abilities can be counted on.

In reply to:
Your performance, whatever it was, was the best it could have been at the time.

lou_dale

Nov 7, 2003, 7:01 PM
Post #2 of 4 (4688 views)
Shortcut

Re: Good quotes [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

every word written is a favorite; however:

"This course is not just another of the cut-and-paste jobs we so frequently see in today's endless search for the quick fix or for sudden enlightenment. Arno Ilgner spent years troweling through the world's classic wisdom traditions, as well as many modern modalities, ranging from chaos and systems theory to Voice Dialogue. Through a long process of self-study and trial and error, he arrived at a step-by-step method that allows an adventure athlete to experientially grasp the concepts and to continue the process on his own. Students of the Rock Warrior's Way should appreciate that......."

we are privy to his journey through his courses and book. He provides us with the tools and the knowledge to use those tools - the rest is up to us. and i very much appreciate his wisdom and hard work.

LOU

jt512

Nov 13, 2003, 10:50 PM
Post #3 of 4 (4688 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

"Don't go before you are ready, but when you go, go!"

"The goal shouldn't be to redpoint a climb but to stay focused on the effort so that a redpoint ascent will manifest."

lou_dale

Nov 16, 2003, 3:24 PM
Post #4 of 4 (4688 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

page 62 specifically speaks about expectations, motivations and ego. after having had input on the face of ego - i read through several chapters again (as i often do before we go climbing and then again after and have remarkably found that my eyes and spirit are drawn to the very areas i need to re-read).

this area really helps to define what i was attempting to explain when seeing the faces of ego. i noted the injuries but failed to mention the yelling and screaming and cursing the rock the occurred before and after those injuries.

the attitudes of i'm too good to have help here, i've done this route before and there is no reason why i can't send it again - and again, more yelling, more screaming and by losing attention when it was needed, i feel this could have been one reason that led to the injuries.

a lot of attention leaks, lack of focus, ego abounding - and not giving in to the challenges and embracing learning, i felt this led to a not so good day for some at the crags.

so i offer pages 62 on expectations entirely as a quote as it better explains what can happen when your expectations stray from the learning and growth experience as well as fortifying why even after what appeared to have been a negative experience actually became a positive learning experience for me.

page 62 on expectation from chapter 4 on giving - skip over and page 64 completes the quote.

lou

Forums : Clubs : Mental Training: The Rock Warrior's Way

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook