RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Injury Treatment and Prevention

Premier Sponsor:

squeeks

Feb 25, 2002, 6:27 PM
Post #1 of 5 (1777 views)
Shortcut

climber died on the first flat iron
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

i dont know the specifics yet but i heard yesterday that a climber fell from the first flat iron in boulder colorado a day or two ago. ill post details when i find them.

compclimber

Feb 25, 2002, 6:46 PM
Post #2 of 5 (1777 views)
Shortcut

climber died on the first flat iron [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

That sucks, Keep us informed on it... and why he died. With the recent death in Boulder Canyon (Mike will be dearly missed.) and this one on the flatiron we all need to be reminded to watch what the hell you are doing.

sonofspork

Feb 25, 2002, 9:10 PM
Post #3 of 5 (1777 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm not sure what happened or if this had anything to do with the death, but on Saturday the 23rd, I was bouldering at the One-Arm Boulders off the side of Flagstaff Mountain road. An ambulance rushed by and later while I was going down the mountain, it followed us slowly down without its sirens on.

-sONofSpORk

sonofspork

Feb 25, 2002, 9:19 PM
Post #4 of 5 (1777 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I guess the ambulance had nothing to do with the death. The following was taken from www.denverpost.com.

"Also on Sunday, a 31-year-old man fell at least 90 feet from the first, and highest, Flatiron while apparently climbing alone, according to Boulder park ranger Valerie Tierce. She said a hiker approached her about 1:15 p.m. to report the victim lying face down about 30 feet from the base of the first Flatiron. The victim was identified today as Glenn Bunch, 31, of Glendale.

Paramedics pronounced the man dead at the scene. The accident was the first death of 2002 on the popular climbing spot, Tierce said. "

noal

Feb 25, 2002, 10:21 PM
Post #5 of 5 (1777 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Thats really horrible guys...it's things like this that should make us stop and realize that as awesome as this sport really is...no matter how good you are, it has the ability to become extremely dangersous very quickly. Please as a favor between us all...always check everything twice, with at least four eyes! I'll be praying for the families of those guys...and for all of you!!!

Forums : Climbing Information : Injury Treatment and Prevention

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook