RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Slacklining

Premier Sponsor:

far_east_climber

Nov 27, 2003, 1:37 PM
Post #1 of 7 (2194 views)
Shortcut

little kids and slacklines
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

ever seen how kids can have such a blast with a slackline? even if they're not actual using it for its intended purpose.. past two days i've set mine up kids just come along (even if they don't know) and ask, 'can i try' etc... and end up forming a continuous flowing line of kids each taking turns... from what i've seen, some aren't all too bad.hahah, the most hilarious thing i've ever seen with this is the varied extremes of emotions... yesterday i had 3 kids end in tears for various reasons, falling off and hitting themselves, sister kicking brother in windpipe because she was too excited on the line hahaha... and today, one kid was having so much fun that when his mom came to pry him off, he ran away screaming and zipped around a corner to dodge his mom, then came back when she lost him and crawled back on... mom comes back, kid starts screaming in a hysterical fearsome manner and he grips on as his mom grabs him by the legs, holding on for dear life the child screams with most primitive of slackline screams when can produce, shaking the child viguriously trying to pry his body from his new-formed passion... and then little kids playing with the anchor point and trying to untye the mule knot when your slacking :shock: .. then 2 toddlers having to go back home and crying on their mom's shoulder... i'm not making much sense, but... yeah, i just wanted to say how cool i thought it was with how much excitement and sadness a simple piece of webbing could inflict upon them kids haha... v. cool... maybe some future slackers in the bunch?

dc

Nov 27, 2003, 2:14 PM
Post #2 of 7 (2194 views)
Shortcut

Re: little kids and slacklines [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

:lol: :lol: haha! yeah that was great! those little creatures were HILARIOUS today! we should set it up there more often just for some cheap comedy! but seriously that one little curly haired boy had some definite potential! i wouldn't be suprised if he becomes a famous slackliner in twenty years time :wink: :lol:

dredsovrn

Nov 27, 2003, 3:17 PM
Post #3 of 7 (2194 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I set them up for my daughter and her friends a lot. I usually set up a hand line above head height as well. That way they can stay on even if they don't have good balance, and it tends to occupy them longer.

sheppe

Nov 27, 2003, 3:25 PM
Post #4 of 7 (2194 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

It is pretty cool with the kids. We had a slackline set up in my front yard and half the neighborhood kids ended up using it when we were inside taking a break. ;)

far_east_climber

Nov 30, 2003, 10:26 AM
Post #5 of 7 (2194 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

just now, my door bell rang... and at my door step were 2 kids.. 'math! (my proper name is matt but they can't seem to get it straight hahaha) you want to come downstairs to play??' me being very busy i said i couldn't, then they looked bummed :( and i said i was coming down tommorow and they said 'okie, you better come, bring your tight-rope thing !' hahahahah wow, i have an informal slackline club now, don't i?! cool people

dc

Nov 30, 2003, 10:45 AM
Post #6 of 7 (2194 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hahaha dude thats hilarious! can i join?

sgorman

Dec 12, 2003, 3:37 AM
Post #7 of 7 (2194 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I try to get my little 7 year old bro to work on the line but whenever he falls he gets really discouraged and won't do it again for a long time
he's the same way with climbing for some reason

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Slacklining

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook