Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

passthepitonspete

Feb 5, 2002, 3:17 AM
Post #51 of 83 (5102 views)
Shortcut

Spirituality [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Graffito on wall:

"God is dead."

- Neitzche

Spraypainted beneath:

"Neitzche is dead."

- God

Yours in Him,

"Praise the LORD and Pass the Pitons" Pete

P.S. Haven't had time to read the whole thread, but you'll find a few of my thoughts in Dr. Pee'd On's CHRISTMAS MESSAGE about love, forgiveness and hope

runner

Feb 5, 2002, 10:43 PM
Post #52 of 83 (5102 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

uhighfreak.

i'll accept that as a concurrance with my small rebuttal to oozingpustule's fits of impractical, disrespectful, self-important opinion.

funny thing is ooz is the throw-a-fit-and-leave type content with believing that he has had the last word. it's amuzing at best. destructive to civic life at worst.
we'll still love him.

passthepitonspete.
stick to your "jesus freak" guns.
cause at least you're nice.

love.
runner.

Partner camhead

Feb 6, 2002, 12:19 AM
Post #53 of 83 (5102 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

How many people can really face a near death experience while climbing, and remain an atheist?

If you can, more power to you, but you have more huevos than I do. The last time I plunged off a thirty foot cliff (damn those 4th class descents), I was NOT thinking,

"alright, time for an infinite period of nihilistic oblivion, BRING IT ON!!"

[ This Message was edited by: camhead on 2002-02-05 16:20 ]

dynamic

Feb 6, 2002, 6:02 PM
Post #54 of 83 (5102 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hi stu!
how ya been? i see you've put some thought into your argument! such a challenge can surely not be met by
-rational thinking.
why are you so passionate? what is your inspiration? what do you find so threatening?

oh wait... you didn't want to talk anymore. sorry to infringe upon your temper tantrum.

Take care, stu!
-dynamic

dynamic

Feb 7, 2002, 11:56 PM
Post #55 of 83 (5102 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

stu- that was powerful.
now i get it, and i will tell you one thing, then do the same thing you just did, which is talk to god.

don't accept a lie. there is evidence god gives us that reveals himself to us (so you are right about wanting that). just don't overlook the opportunities that god gives you to discover the truth.

stu, i know you don't expect god to respond to that challenge, but he will. i also think that it won't be in the way you expect, either. god would rather pick up broken pieces and put them back together than break something into pieces. let god put you back together. believe me stu, its worth it.

before you blame god you better make sure your arsenal is better than his. think of all the things in your life that have led you away from him.

[ This Message was edited by: dynamic on 2002-02-07 15:58 ]

dynamic

Feb 8, 2002, 12:09 AM
Post #56 of 83 (5102 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

rather than accuse god of 'slinking back into seclusion' you should look at how he is working.

who is sinking back into seclusion, stu? you or god?

just as jesus didn't throw his power around entertaining crowds while he was here, god will not do that now.
there is work to be done before the play. look at the work being done. there is an explosion happening right now, stu. god is doing more than you know. the problem is that its not what you expect, nor what you want.
we aren't working with a 'monty python god'.

dynamic

Feb 8, 2002, 12:16 AM
Post #57 of 83 (5102 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

jesus wasn't interested in politics, as you know. god isn't either.

jesus lived to SHOW US HOW to live. quit worrying about how you look (riding on a donkey) and start worrying about how you THINK (meditate on the law and pray as jesus did) and BEHAVE (confronting the pharisees and caring for the sick).

dynamic

Feb 8, 2002, 1:11 AM
Post #58 of 83 (5102 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

oh yeah stu- i appreciate your response.

i can empathize with you somewhat, it sometimes is hard to see god doing things. however it is especially hard when things haven't gone as i planned. i want progress just like you, but god wants to change my heart instead.

sometimes i go for awhile without seeing anything being done, then i look for god and it hits me like a train. i realize how much i can misunderstand the mind of god, but how much i like the way he works once i get it.

take care stu,
-dynamic

dynamic

Feb 8, 2002, 1:28 AM
Post #59 of 83 (5102 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

by the way, by asking for a massive myocardial infarction you are asking for what satan asked jesus to do in the desert- to prove himself.

as for bringing the cross on himself, he endured it as a testimony to you and i that he would bear the suffering that otherwise we would endure. jesus conquered death so that we might live. he is the way, the truth and the life. none shall get to the father except through jesus christ.

this living sacrifice was for you, stu. do not reject it.

captainprozac

Feb 8, 2002, 3:42 AM
Post #60 of 83 (5102 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Ha ha ha ha...I can't help but laugh. Jesus? Crosses? Man, I didn't realize so many people on this site give some much
credence to fairy tales.

bigfish03

Feb 8, 2002, 4:03 AM
Post #61 of 83 (5102 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

do yall ever notice how these threads dealing with God and spirituality get so long? i wonder why that is? i think i got it...all the chrisitans think they have to go convert every one, and all the anti-christians come inhere to post messages to smack down the christians. why is that? who knows. fear is a possiblity, hurt another, anger, the list goes on. there is one thing i know. there are people who i could personaly talk to untill i got blue in the face and it wouldnt make a difference about God to them. so ill do what i know best, what God asked of me. not to protest or fight, but to pray. you may laugh and scoff and send me verbaly bashing messages, but you will never stop me from praying. its up to God to change your hearts, and im not going to pretend that i know what God is going to do. I am going to pray.
later
ryan <>

jmlangford

Feb 8, 2002, 5:01 AM
Post #62 of 83 (5102 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Right on bigfish! Not a thing they can do about it if you pray. I get blue in the face sometimes, myself-but if it saves one soul, it is worth it. If a liberal, anti-God, anti-everything Christians stand for person like Jane Fonda can see the light and accept Christ, there is hope for anybody. EVEN BILL CLINTON!
Cheers,

rigel

Mar 1, 2002, 7:52 PM
Post #63 of 83 (5102 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

bigfish,
i think these posts always get long because deep down everyone wants answers. whether a person is buddhist, christian, atheist, or whatever else...there is something inside of us that is missing, so we're all searching.

runner

Mar 1, 2002, 9:16 PM
Post #64 of 83 (5102 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

we all are looking for answers...
excepting, of course, ooze/stu.
he's got it all down apparently.
that's cause he knows just where to look:
pulp fiction.
pod
or sop
or sob...
whatever that band was he quoted.

i was stoked to see this forum was still up.
i love to see ooze/stu's passionate colorful albeit circular and self-important ranting.

according to our man ooze/stu there is no possibility for a greater power than he and anyone who says differently is a "factory second" or a "moron."
odd thing is that believing that there is no higher force in the universe that "god sucks" and that humanity isn't worth its salt are beliefs.

so ooze/stu has it down.
his are the only legitimate beliefs.
everyone (the countless millions of zoroastrians, hindus, jains, buddhists, christians, animists, batuqueiros, taoists, shiites, zunis, dervishes, jews etc) who thinks otherwise is wrong and one of his "factory seconds."

ooz/stu.
bro, you gotta come down from there and realize that you're WAYYY outnumbered. and that's fine. numbers don't indicate right or wrong. i'm not saying you're wrong and that the billions of religious people are right. i'm just saying...

well, let's just go back to my dave of walden quote (that's dave thoureau he's a transcendentalist meaning that he believes god to be in and of everything in the universe, kinda like taoism in a way. get it way, tao. hah hah. you don't get it do ya). cause you haven't gotten it yet:
"i disagree with what you say but defend to the death your right to say it."

the thing is that if you could admit that someone else's opinion could have a tad bit of truth in it you may learn something.
oh, you got it already. you already knew that too. you've probably graduated high
school, huh.

ooz/stu,
it ain't no thing.
chill.

love.
runner.

[ This Message was edited by: runner on 2002-03-01 13:29 ]

runner

Mar 3, 2002, 12:22 AM
Post #65 of 83 (5102 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

cute.

love.
runner.

runner

Mar 3, 2002, 12:27 AM
Post #66 of 83 (5102 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

by the way, was that a rebuttal?
how is the cosmos, way on up there, oozey/stu?
must be nice to be so deluded.
(that means self-decieved and unwary of real life.)

have fun lighting your farts to create more galaxies.

love.
runner.

sonofspork

Mar 3, 2002, 1:03 AM
Post #67 of 83 (5102 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

This question is such bull shit. You people who are acting like climbing is that much are just bull shiting yourselves. Sure it's fun, and in some aspects it controls your every day thought, but to say that it is a religion is bull. Get real.

-sONofSpORk

capricious

Mar 4, 2002, 1:51 AM
Post #68 of 83 (5102 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

People are so complicated! I believe that every thing that happens to me and everything I do is a spiritual experience. God is the center of my life. Its easy to get distracted and He starts to slip but I'm
constantly reminded that I can't do it alone. (It being most anything) I need help and I'm not to proud to say it and not ashamed of the fact that I depend on Him.
I'm a thankful, expectant and happy person. I will pray for understanding for those seekers out there.

gekolimit

Mar 4, 2002, 4:30 AM
Post #69 of 83 (5102 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Aaaaaai!

treyr

Mar 4, 2002, 8:49 PM
Post #70 of 83 (5102 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

NO!!!

jaybee

Mar 5, 2002, 1:47 AM
Post #71 of 83 (5102 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Cool thread...

I've heard atheist climbers talk about how silly Christianity is because it has all these crazy talking zealots doing something has no real point besides to be good, and makes people give up so many pleasures of life... then i've seen them turn around and talk about how rad climbing is even tho it has no real point besides having fun, and how they had to give up drinking so much and quit their high paying jobs so they can climb more and better.

hmmm, no irony there huh?

"I'd rather be in the mountains, thinking about God, than be in church, thinking about the mountains" - ????

can anybody clue me in on who said that?

-JB

rockhippie

Mar 5, 2002, 6:45 AM
Post #72 of 83 (5102 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Do what thy will , Providing you hurt no one in turn. Religion means many different things to many different people but spirituality is the same FEELING for all, it may take different things to produce that feeling but it's the same none the less. When you realize that it was meant to be then it becomes spiritual in a sense. To know you are on your true path is to be one with your spirit.......

amethyst

Mar 5, 2002, 5:24 PM
Post #73 of 83 (5102 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Mmmmm, this is just a random thought:

I think some of the people in this forum are compensating for their inadequacies.

jt512

Mar 6, 2002, 2:29 AM
Post #74 of 83 (5102 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hell, I think that's why I climb.

-Jay

metoliusmunchkin

Mar 8, 2002, 5:46 PM
Post #75 of 83 (5102 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Quote:Look at a sonnet. A sonnet is indeed quite a strict form of poetry, in which a very rigid pattern of rhyming must be accomplished by the writer. However it is up to the writer to put whatever he/she wants within these guidelines. This is how I would best describe Life.

[ This Message was edited by: metoliusmunchkin on 2002-03-10 17:44 ]

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook