RSS FeedRSS Feeds for International

Premier Sponsor:

tallsarah

Jan 2, 2004, 6:54 PM
Post #1 of 18 (3262 views)
Shortcut

Fontainebleau March anyone?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hi, my friend Sean and I want to boulder in Fontainebleau in March...we'll be in Paris from 3/18 and are looking to catch a ride down there and maybe someone who knows the area or not to climb with. We're in Cambridge, UK for the year. e-mail me if interested :D

taraus_de_bull

Jan 2, 2004, 7:00 PM
Post #2 of 18 (3262 views)
Shortcut

Re: Fontainebleau March anyone? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey, Myself and a few friends are trying to get to font. from mar. 19-28th. If we make it, we'll definately post again when it gets closer.

jgrierson

Jan 2, 2004, 7:33 PM
Post #3 of 18 (3262 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi there, by 3/18 do you mean 3rd till 18th of March??

If so I am going to Font with some friends from 13-15 March. Unfortunately it looks like I will have a full car so cannot offer you a lift unless someone drops out.

I know the area reasonably well and normally get there twice a year. If you fancy some climbing buddies that would be great, the more the better. If not and you want to know anything about Font or where to go give me a shout.

tallsarah

Jan 2, 2004, 8:03 PM
Post #4 of 18 (3262 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yeah, actually, I meant from March 18-24ish , we'll be visiting Paris and want to get out to Font...could go earlier when you are but my family is coming to visit London/Cambridge.

BUT, if you are planning any trips anywhere else, any other time, let me know. I didn't bring any ropes or gear with me, just my harness, atc, and shoes, so I'm definitely looking for some climbing buddies in the area.

thegimp

Jan 2, 2004, 8:08 PM
Post #5 of 18 (3262 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I would love to go also but I don't know the area/language or anything. I'm over on the border with Germany and I'm still looking for people and places to climb and boulder. Make sure you post about this again closer to the date.

jgrierson

Jan 2, 2004, 8:22 PM
Post #6 of 18 (3262 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gimp, I don't speak German but do speak French and English + know the area.

If you can get to Font and want to join my friends and I for that weekend in March let me know.

There is a good campsite near the town of Milly La Foret which has good facilities and is right in the middle of all the good climbs. You just need a tent.

mich

Jan 5, 2004, 3:45 PM
Post #7 of 18 (3262 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Dear english people,
if you're going, keep in mind that the famous and celebrated campsite ( the bivouac near barbizon and bacuvier) has been permanently closed because people were coming there by the hundreds...
thought you ought to know, since this was the best spot to camp...
there other bivouacs though. just buy a map of the region (you'll find it anywhere).
ciao

thegimp

Jan 5, 2004, 4:47 PM
Post #8 of 18 (3262 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hey grierson, I would love to meet up but I won't know my schedule for MAR til the end of FEB. The Air Force tells me when I can go out and play, by the way I speak English. Oh yeah, I really haven't done much since this past April so nobody can laugh when I can't even climb a set of stairs!

jgrierson

Jan 5, 2004, 5:47 PM
Post #9 of 18 (3262 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gimp, ok, not to worry, just let me know nearer the time when you've got a better idea of when you have time off. Sorry, asumed you were German because your profile says you are in Germany!

Don't worry about being out of shape, I haven't climbed for 6 months six I got drunk and fell out of a tree!! This will be my first outing in a long time. These guys that I am going with are novice to average climbers with small egos so it should be a fun trip.

Do you have transport? Can't offer you a lift but if you need picking up from a station could fit one more in the car. Let me know nearer the time what your plans are. I'll await you're email.

thegimp

Jan 16, 2004, 6:50 AM
Post #10 of 18 (3262 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

A tree? Yeah I fell out a second story window and let me tell you, that concrete slab I landed on really kicked my @$$. If I make it out there I'll be driving and I'll get in contact with you so we can meet up and make fun of each other.

jasminx

Jan 28, 2004, 4:08 PM
Post #11 of 18 (3262 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

[indigo]Hi, I'm hoping to make my first trip to Fontainebleau this Spring - am trying to drag non-climbing friends along to give them the thirst, but as yet I have very little info for them!

I have wheels and was considering doing the Eurotunnel or Ferry as I'm based in Sussex. May have spare seats available for 1 or 2 knowledgeable travelling companions, perhaps each paying a share of fuel costs and hopefully doing some navigating. I confess - have never driven in France before - I get the whole 'drive on the other side of the road' concept in principle, but I'd feel much happier with a passenger to grab the wheel if I set off towards the oncoming traffic! :oops:
So with cards on table...anyone fancy it?
If you don't (and who could blame you!) perhaps you could just wish me luck and send me advice or directions to get me started.

Thanks anyhooo

xx Jasminx xx [/indigo]

thegimp

Jan 28, 2004, 6:29 PM
Post #12 of 18 (3262 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Good luck with switchin' lanes, it looks tough...

jasminx

Jan 29, 2004, 2:33 PM
Post #13 of 18 (3262 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks, I'm going to need it! :shock:

jgrierson

Feb 17, 2004, 6:43 PM
Post #14 of 18 (3262 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Ok, as promised posting again nearer to the event :)

Heading to Fontainbleau for a spot of bouldering the weekend beginning Friday 12th March and coming back late on the Monday evening, 15th.

I will be leaving Dover 10pm on the Friday if anyone wants to follow in a car, sorry I'm full. If you need directions, look at a map first or ask me and I'll tell you how I get there.

If you going to be down there drop me a PM or reply here and I'll pick it up.

Rate myself and friends as very average climbers, Font Orange (I call that average!) who are going for climbing and a laugh :lol: .

So far myself and 2-3 friends going, maybe more depending on whether my other so-called friends can be bothered.

Anyone up for it??

thegimp

Feb 27, 2004, 12:20 PM
Post #15 of 18 (3262 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Alright guys it looks like I'll be making it over there as long as the weather is good. I think I'll make it out early that Saturday. I'll probably try to get some disc golf in sometime that weekend. I think I can find the place but it 's a big place, right? So how the heck am I gonna find you guys? Another question is where am I gonna sleep? I've got the money but I don't know the area. You guys could tell me what you're doing and I might be able to find you. I need help.

jgrierson

Feb 27, 2004, 1:53 PM
Post #16 of 18 (3262 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Excellent - 4 of us going now so should be a good crack.

The place is BIG, we will definitely need to arrange to meet somewhere otherwise it could be a wasted weekend.

We are all staying at a campsite in tents - if you don't have one I can bring a spare. The campsite is near a town called Milly-la-Foret. The town has a huge open-sided wooden barn in the centre so it would be a great meeting point, very easy to find. Just need to arrange a time to meet there and then head to the rocks.

What sort of time do you think you will get there - early Saturday morning like 9am or nearer lunchtime??

Don't want to publish my mobile number on the net but could send you a PM.

jgrierson

Mar 11, 2004, 3:27 PM
Post #17 of 18 (3262 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

:D :D Right, this is it, last call for font.

Will be there this weekend. Meet in the town centre of Milly-la-Foret around 12.30-1pm on Saturday if you fancy meeting up and going bouldering.

8) Hope the weather's good!

thegimp

Mar 12, 2004, 9:33 AM
Post #18 of 18 (3262 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'll be there! See you all there.

Forums : Climbing Partners : International

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook