RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Used Gear / Great Deals

Premier Sponsor:

tryingforfun

Jan 9, 2004, 12:43 AM
Post #1 of 22 (3311 views)
Shortcut

Need to sell trad gear...
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I am in dire need of books this term (as with any term) which is why I need to sell some of this stuff. I have a brand new set of Rock Empire cams, and a set of the nuts that came with them in the trad package I bought off of pagangear.com (partner of well known acmeclimbing.com)
The whole set cost me 280, which isn't that much, but I've used the micro rock empire cams like a year ago, and really dug 'em, which is why I bought another set, but since I'm not really into trad climbing as I used to be, I'm willing to part with these items just until I can get back on my feet again to buy this stuff again this summer. I'm sure many of you know how it is, this book sh*t gets me down every time I think about it. Like I said, they are brand new, I am asking $200 o.b.o. I may also be willing to sell certain pieces too, depending. All I really need is $80 more for books anyway.

I would prefer it if the buyer lived close to the Portland/Salem area, so no shipping would be necessary but if one of you is really aching to get them that doens't live nearby, we can arrange shipping. I need this as soon as I can too. Thanks for listening.

S.J.

moabbeth

Jan 9, 2004, 12:46 AM
Post #2 of 22 (3311 views)
Shortcut

Re: Need to sell trad gear... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Dude, go donate plasma or something...they'll pay ya for that. Don't sell off your climbing gear for some silly textbooks!! Those classes will end in a semester then you'll be done with the books AND have no climbing gear.

Shovel snow for money, mow a lawn, work at McDonald's for a week, sell bodily fluids to medical science...but don't sell your rack :cry: .

bubba

Jan 9, 2004, 12:50 AM
Post #3 of 22 (3311 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Thats right, selling your rack should be your last resort, especially if you only need 80 bucks.
If you needed to pay off your loan shark it'd be a different story...

tryingforfun

Jan 9, 2004, 12:52 AM
Post #4 of 22 (3311 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The plasma idea was a good one, but I cant donate there any more, because after the first time I went i never showed up again in the first month. You're absolutly right, I don't want to sell any of it, it's my last option really, unless I can find someone to buy some paintball gear. Let's try this: Tippmann 98 Custom, VeForce mask, 12" CP barrel, 1000+ balls, and a couple extra small accessories like cleaning and a shoulder plate thing.

the_pirate

Jan 9, 2004, 12:54 AM
Post #5 of 22 (3311 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

WTF? does no one steal their textbooks anymore? what about the age old tradition of finding a cute girl to study with. there must be some other students that have the very books you need. whatever you have to give, it can't possibly be as degrading as selling your rack.

tryingforfun

Jan 9, 2004, 1:01 AM
Post #6 of 22 (3311 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I have thought of as many ideas as I possibly can, it comes down to selling some stuff, and that's all I can sell. I can maybe put my drum kit into the pawn shop, but that scares me. I'm just desperate and I'm spending too much time talking and not enough time getting money for books, ya' know? My 216 dollar paycheck from work didn't cover the 300 dollar cost of these books. It's all I really have that I can deal with parting with (although I really don't want to). I did it to myself, If I wouldn't have purchased a new snowboard setup recently, I would have no problems, they're just asking 25 dollars for the study guide alone, and that's crap, gotta deal, ya know.

SJ

scubasnyder

Jan 9, 2004, 1:05 AM
Post #7 of 22 (3311 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i would buy it but i just spent 250 on gear

strongerthanyesterday

Jan 9, 2004, 1:09 AM
Post #8 of 22 (3311 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

does your school library have a copy you can use while you study there? i've done that before when I couldn't afford a book until about a month into the semester.

tryingforfun

Jan 9, 2004, 1:11 AM
Post #9 of 22 (3311 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey, I didn't even think about that. I'm gonna check into that. thanks a lot.

strongerthanyesterday

Jan 9, 2004, 1:21 AM
Post #10 of 22 (3311 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

yeah, most people forget, at least at my school so I didn't really need to worry about someone else using it. Also talk to your teacher, find a study buddy, you can get through the course without a book.

tryingforfun

Jan 9, 2004, 2:14 AM
Post #11 of 22 (3311 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I have a 10.2mm 70M Sterling rope I can part with, I only used twice. I bought it specifically for a tall crack at rocky butte. It's in excellent condition, but right now, the only rope I have. But I can part with it, and just buy a 50M rope when I get more money after the end of this winter. I'll let it go for 90 dollars, that should be plenty for me. I paid 190 for it, so taking 100 off is a sweet deal. Like I said excellent condition, and it's too heavy and too much for me to deal with all the time. Let me know!

SJ

climbobsessoin

Jan 9, 2004, 2:42 AM
Post #12 of 22 (3311 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

if i had the money i would by that rope in the snap of a finger

marcdurant

Jan 9, 2004, 3:34 AM
Post #13 of 22 (3311 views)
Shortcut

try your TA or prof [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

A couple times in school I managed to a loaner from the TA or prof for the semester. Depends on how many other people get the same idea, I guess.

climber_osu

Jan 9, 2004, 4:35 AM
Post #14 of 22 (3311 views)
Shortcut

Re: try your TA or prof [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Try getting the books cheaper online. Saved me over 200 last semester. If that doesn't work. Pm me. I might take the cams off ya.

vicum

Jan 14, 2004, 8:02 AM
Post #15 of 22 (3311 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I've also met people who photocopied the entire book from the library. I've also met people who bought the book, photocopied it, bound it in some way, and then returned it to the bookstore.(at my school anyway, you can return a book in the first two weeks of class). Of course, I've never done these things since their not exactly legal, but neither is all the music on your hardrive :).

~Arnold

tryingforfun

Jan 16, 2004, 6:39 AM
Post #16 of 22 (3311 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

That's a pretty good idea, photo copy the text, but the only thing is, I need to have the money to buy the book in order to photo copy it, in the library at school, they make the copies for you, because of that exact reason. I can only check out my psy. book for 2 hours at a time.
I just found out also recently I need a book for theater class too, man that blows, 55 bucks for that one, and 90 for the psy book not counting the study guide, and i'm already in debt for taking out a loan to get my other ones. Oh, well...

Anyway thanks for the advice, I'm going to take back one of my books tomorrow, and photo copy my friends book. It should be less then 5 dollars to get all the required reading section taken care of.

trenchdigger

Jan 16, 2004, 6:51 AM
Post #17 of 22 (3311 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Only $90? :o $55??? :shock: Just be glad you're not an engineer! :evil:
~Adam~

grabngrip

Jan 16, 2004, 8:52 AM
Post #18 of 22 (3311 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i wrote you a PM about your rope

soma

Jan 16, 2004, 11:24 AM
Post #19 of 22 (3311 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Having the textbook is not mandatory for doing really well in a class.

I usually found that professors either taught straight from the book (which means you don't need to go to class, as long as you keep up on readings) or they taught material separate from the text and “supplemented” with readings from the text (so you need to take good lecture notes, or suck up to one of those girls that take really good multi-color notes because the prof will almost always test you on their lecture material).

If the book is in the library don't worry about buying it but make sure that you get what you need from it well before the exam, or else it will constantly be in demand and you may not have a chance.

Dave

tryingforfun

Jan 17, 2004, 3:53 AM
Post #20 of 22 (3311 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

thats 145 bucks i don't have, ya' know, i already broke the bank getting the books that i have now, and that's not counting the study guides too, which are like 25 and up.

it blows.

architect

Jan 17, 2004, 4:03 AM
Post #21 of 22 (3311 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Do you still have the Cams for sale?

tks

Jan 18, 2004, 7:31 AM
Post #22 of 22 (3311 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Man, this is the easiest thing in the world. Being a product of the Mass public schools, i've learded to succed the cheap way when it comes to education.
1. go to kinkos or whatever and xerox the chapters you need from the books you bought (should have a syllabus from the course right?) and then return the books to the textbook annex/coop/rip off campus bookstore.
2. for books you don't have, go to class, borrow some dude's book for a couple of hours and xerox that baby too.
3. don't sweat a couple of things from here or there on the list, it'll be okay not to read everything.
4. steal food from the dining commons.
5. don't be that guy with the guitar that sits in the dorm playing folk songs trying to pick up girls. just don't.
6. if all else fails you'll still graduate with a crappy gpa and you can join the service like the rest of us idiots. (optional)

Forums : Archive : Used Gear / Great Deals

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook