Forums: Climbing Information: Technique & Training:
recovery time for fingers (tendons / pulleys)?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Technique & Training

Premier Sponsor:

abkaiser

Mar 16, 2002, 2:20 PM
Post #1 of 3 (2098 views)
Shortcut

recovery time for fingers (tendons / pulleys)?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Greetings,

When I work out and get sore muscles the next day, I have a pretty good idea of how long to rest to let them heal. However, I'm now experiencing (as a beginner climber) tired hands. I can tell by the feeling that it's not my muscles this time - I'm guessing that climbing twice a week and being new is taking its toll on my hand tendons, particularly in my fingers.

My question - I've heard that tendons take longer time to get in shape and to get stronger. When you pros really work out your hands and fingers, do you climb just as hard the next day? Or if not, how long do you give your body to recover and restrengthen?

Thanks,

Andy

miagi

Mar 16, 2002, 3:06 PM
Post #2 of 3 (2098 views)
Shortcut

recovery time for fingers (tendons / pulleys)? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Well, 2 days a week isnt alot of climbing. For some people they will do one day on, one day off, or two days on two days off. THere are various scheduals. Remember to stretch your fingers before and after climbs. It helps reduce injuries. You should also know whether its good pain, or bad pain. In any sport your muscles are going to hurt because you are working them. Dont let that stop you from climbing. Its your body's way of saying that its being worked. If there is bad pain that hurts you (you should know how it feels) then stop climbing till you feel you can again. Climbing 2-4 days a week spaced out is a good shedual.

redzit

Mar 16, 2002, 6:18 PM
Post #3 of 3 (2098 views)
Shortcut

recovery time for fingers (tendons / pulleys)? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

hey
the way i tell when i can climb, is realy something anyone can do and it is sooooo simple. just climb one day, than climb again when youy feel up to it. thats how i do it. and it works.
Also, it is a good idea to streach them after you work out. to do this put your hands to gether like in a knucle sandwich. thenn rub your hands saide to side. make the movment cme from the base of your hand so they swing around your fingers. Do this Repeatedly and slowly lossen the knucle sandwich.

Forums : Climbing Information : Technique & Training

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook