RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

okinawatricam

Feb 10, 2004, 5:24 AM
Post #1 of 4 (2852 views)
Shortcut

GUAM Climbing
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Who knows anything about climbing in Guam. Anything at all. Help, I'll be there a week, I'll need to climb or I will go insane.

1tooth

Mar 29, 2008, 3:09 PM
Post #2 of 4 (2723 views)
Shortcut

Re: [okinawatricam] GUAM Climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

No, but I'm thinking about moving there for 2-5 years, and I really want to know as well!

geogoddess

Mar 31, 2008, 2:34 AM
Post #3 of 4 (2694 views)
Shortcut

Re: [okinawatricam] GUAM Climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I lived there for a year. I don't remember any climbing. The surfing is also wicked because its all reef breaks, except the harbor (but there is alot of fishing boat traffic) and down on one cove.

You should go scuba diving.

Repeated for emphasis:

You Should Go Scuba Diving!!!

Call Micronesia Divers Assoc (MDA) and just go out on their boat wherever they are going. Go every day if you can! Double Reef is plenty gorgeous, Blue Hole aint bad. If you have time to go off island, there are beautiful, world-class dive spots within short flights. I did probably 100 dives the year I lived there. Each dive was more beautiful than the last, it seemed, from the shipwrecks lined with soft corals off Truk, to squadrons of squid and sea turtles in Kosrae, unimaginably surreal drift dives along walls in Palau..... double helix spirals of barracuda, sharks finning for dinner in Blue Corner, Peliliu, Phonpei, Ant Atoll, Palau (palau!), Manado Indonesia, and my secret island whose name I cannot reveal because my Power Spot is there, where the surf hammers the limestone walls so hard you can feel the rock shake.

For one week, miss climbing, but while you miss climbing, go diving.

You can also swim out thru the reef cut in from of Tahiti Rama's, and swim along the back of the reef. Once I swam right over a giant barracuda hanging out in a cut in the reef. He scared the freakin' goddamn flippin' beejesus out of me when he took off. Tahiti Rama's is a good place to hang out and catch a sunset and a show, get some cold beers or a bucket of mudslides, dig your feet in the sand, enjoy life!

mowgli25

May 4, 2013, 11:58 PM
Post #4 of 4 (2489 views)
Shortcut

Re: [geogoddess] GUAM Climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Check the local Facebook Group Page - "Overhang Club - Guam Rock Climbers and Cavers". We've been climbing almost every weekend for a while now. New and experienced climber, cavers are welcome.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/519162948130627/

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook