RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Injury Treatment and Prevention

Premier Sponsor:

katarinka

Aug 7, 2001, 2:19 AM
Post #1 of 11 (2769 views)
Shortcut

tendinitis
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

If you have tendinitis, the best you can do is to visit MD and rest, because movements and overloading cause spreading of inflamatory to another tendines. I am very sorry..... but tendinitis is a real problem and if you don't heal it (anthibiotics, corticosteroids, rest and supportive treatment), could be climbing this time fatal for your future climbing...

boulder_chalk

Aug 7, 2001, 9:07 AM
Post #2 of 11 (2769 views)
Shortcut

tendinitis [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I have the same problem in my right shoulder, i give it rest and all the things that says will heal it and it just doesn't seem to go away and my doctor said it will take a very long time before it does. For people that have it just stick through the tough days and climb on!

kagunkie

Aug 7, 2001, 9:14 AM
Post #3 of 11 (2769 views)
Shortcut

tendinitis [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I popped my shoulder in about ninetyfour and it still gives me pain (sever) sometimes. The last doctor gave me Viox and that stuff is a miracle drug, it takes a few days to work but it does the trick for me. NEVER SURRENDER!!!

climb512

Aug 7, 2001, 10:45 AM
Post #4 of 11 (2769 views)
Shortcut

tendinitis [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

get to a good orthopedic.general practioners arent qualified to treat any joint disorder. there are great treatments including surgical for tendonitis. if your G.P. gives trouble with a referal then demand one and change docs. Remember he gets a big chunk of jingle every time he drag you in, plus bonus from the insurance for not using too many referals or special testing. Its your health, expect and demand the best, youre paying for it.

congo

Aug 21, 2001, 3:31 AM
Post #5 of 11 (2769 views)
Shortcut

tendinitis [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

urgh.. ..a few months ago i recovered from pretty severe rsi in the wrists from climbing. also my elbows and shoulders click and can give me pretty bad pains.. ..my doc gave me this crazy s--- called brufen, its bascially 400mg of ibuprofen (anti-inflammitary anti-histamine) that helps a lot but is more of a pain killer than i cure. my shoulders still kill after training.
i just live with it, im not giving up climbing.

katarinka

Aug 21, 2001, 11:02 PM
Post #6 of 11 (2769 views)
Shortcut

tendinitis [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

upps!
brufen doesn't heal the cause, just supress the consequence (pain).....and is too weak to supress inflamation in such structures like tendines are...

climberchk

Aug 21, 2001, 11:17 PM
Post #7 of 11 (2769 views)
Shortcut

tendinitis [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I have tendinitis in my left elbow, and it was starting in my right. What I found is, that most climbers have a tendency to "hunch over." Not with their back, but with their shoulders, that in turn causes your tendons to work harder. While climbing, try to keep your shoulders back(don't over do it and arch your back)it will put some of the strain in your back muscles instead. Also, don't climb off and on keep it some what routine! Hope that helps, it worked for me.

[ This Message was edited by: climberchk on 2001-08-21 23:19 ]

rck_climber

Sep 27, 2001, 2:31 PM
Post #8 of 11 (2769 views)
Shortcut

tendinitis [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yeah, I've got tendonitis in my right elbow that's been killing me for the last couple of months.

I've seen the medics and docs several times, but I just keep getting 800mg tablets of Motrin and advice to stay off it (God bless the military docs) - yeah right! Even if I didn't climb, I'd still have to lift and run every day with my soldiers, so if I'm gonna be hurting, I might as well enjoy it.

I'll heal someday - just not today !
Mick

Partner camhead

Sep 27, 2001, 3:03 PM
Post #9 of 11 (2769 views)
Shortcut

tendinitis [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

okay, I'm totally ignorant, and I know that this forum is not a substitute for a visit to the MD. What are the signs and symptoms of tendonitus? My right shoulder is getting progressively worse, with lack of range in motion, a feeling that it will just fall out of socket at any given time. If I flex right, the whole joint feels as if it will give out. Do I need to stop climbing?

squeeks

Nov 30, 2001, 10:25 PM
Post #10 of 11 (2769 views)
Shortcut

tendinitis [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

try ice massage. works wonders.

bumblesbounce

Dec 1, 2001, 11:57 AM
Post #11 of 11 (2769 views)
Shortcut

tendinitis [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

What is tendontis? How do you get? What are some symtoms? I just wanna knnow
Thanks,
Fawn LeMay

Forums : Climbing Information : Injury Treatment and Prevention

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook