RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Slacklining

Premier Sponsor:

far_east_climber

Feb 23, 2004, 5:12 PM
Post #1 of 3 (1492 views)
Shortcut

static rope vs. dynamic rope for tightening
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

at the moment i've been using some old dynamic rope for tightening the slackline. I have been told if I replace the dynamic rope for static rope in my tensioning system that i can get the line even tighter than it is now.... is this true?? also, if i replaced my webbing with static cord, will it get the line tighter?

Partner coldclimb

Feb 23, 2004, 5:25 PM
Post #2 of 3 (1492 views)
Shortcut

Re: static rope vs. dynamic rope for tightening [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

If you switch the rope with a static line, you will remove that much more stretch from the system, and therefore have the ability to get it tighter. If you switch your webbing with something static though, you're not going to have a slackline anymore. The whole point of the webbing is to have some stretch in the system, so you can bounce and do the wild maneuvers. ;)

japhyr

Feb 23, 2004, 10:47 PM
Post #3 of 3 (1492 views)
Shortcut

Re: static rope vs. dynamic rope for tightening [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I'd be curious to hear how much difference you feel switching to a static rope. I'd guess you're not using much more than 5-10 feet of dynamic rope in the actual system (any rope doubled over into a pulley system is only stretched when you're tightening, not when you're walking), so there's not much stretch there. Also, the stretching is absorbed in the tensioning, it's not like the rope is unstretched and then stretches when you step on the line.

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Slacklining

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook