Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Springdale bouldering area is closed.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

riptile

Feb 26, 2004, 9:28 AM
Post #1 of 3 (1869 views)
Shortcut

Springdale bouldering area is closed.  (North_America: United_States: Arkansas: Ozarks: Springdale_Bouldering_Area)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Fellow climbers,
I have been informed that the Springdale bouldering area is private property. Don't go out there or the owners will ask you to leave. Soon as you start the trail, you'll see orange tape. Don't enter. The owner doesn't live in the first house you see on your left, they live along the trail leading up to the huge free standing traverse boulder past the roof. Spread the word. She doesn't want to see people up there b/c they're building a house & her sunroom faces the boulders. If you have any suggestions, reply back to this post.

rhu

Feb 26, 2004, 2:54 PM
Post #2 of 3 (1869 views)
Shortcut

Re: Springdale bouldering area is closed. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

What the F?

CSWEISER

Nov 17, 2008, 6:06 AM
Post #3 of 3 (770 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rhu] Springdale bouldering area is closed. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm new to this board and just now reading this so I know I am a little behind. I am sure that many of you still frequent the rocks on Lutz and that is a good thing. I know the actual owners and have property line maps and permission for people to be up there. The biggest thing is to try and take care of the area and not bother any one who lives up there. I have had many confrontations with the guy who owns the house at the back of his property line next to the "Island". Every time I have tried to talk it out with him he wants to yell from a distance but not talk. Once I tell him that his claims are unfounded and that I know the people that own the land and have permission to be there he just goes back inside and leaves me alone. It would be best to stay down by the hang and not go past the island to avoid this problem but there are only so many times you can do the same routes. Like before, please help take care of the land and avoid confrontation and they will not have a reason to try and run people off.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook