RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Slacklining

Premier Sponsor:

far_east_climber

Mar 10, 2004, 3:13 AM
Post #1 of 3 (1352 views)
Shortcut

setting a highline up alone
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I was wondering if it's possible to set a high-line up alone or is there something more to it that i can't foresee (forsea? forsee? foresee?) at this point in time?

japhyr

Mar 10, 2004, 4:22 PM
Post #2 of 3 (1352 views)
Shortcut

Re: setting a highline up alone [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Asking that question suggests that you might be better off finding an experienced highliner to set up with the first few times. Setting up and walking a highline puts your physical well-being and possibly life on the line. There are a number of subtle things you could do wrong that could get you killed.
I say this never having highlined, but with a fair understanding of what it would take to set one up, and what it would take to walk one. I'd like to set up a highline when I'm ready, but I'm going to wait until I can hang in a harness under the line, out of reach of the line, get up to the line, mount it, and get to a standing position, before I think about setting up a real highline. Then I'll want to understand the anchor system pretty damn well, and have one or two people around who understand the system also.
Be safe!

far_east_climber

Mar 10, 2004, 5:21 PM
Post #3 of 3 (1352 views)
Shortcut

Re: setting a highline up alone [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

hmm, would you recommend your 3:1 or the 9:1 system for highlining that you have shown on your website?

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Slacklining

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook