RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Slacklining

Premier Sponsor:

jimmyv

Mar 11, 2004, 7:08 PM
Post #1 of 6 (2603 views)
Shortcut

removing the pulley system on to soft points
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

ok...its been a while. as far as i can work out, there is no problem to make a very long tight line, regardless of system you use. the question is, if you tighten and leave the pulley system, you just tie the system into the end of the slackline, or an overhand on a bight. but if you want to tie the line off on to soft points, ie: clean the pulley system, how do you attach it all to the line for the tightening? prussicks? i tried this once, but it messed wth the line. if you tie a knot after the slackline end of pulley system, sure you can release the system onto a second knot, but that leaves a dumb knot half a meter from the end of the line.........photos would be helpful, cheers james

sheldonjr

Mar 11, 2004, 8:35 PM
Post #2 of 6 (2603 views)
Shortcut

Re: removing the pulley system on to soft points [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I use an ascender. I take a peice of 5-6mm cordage and roll the webbing around it, then attach the ascender. Making sure the cam is grabbing the webbing and NOT just the cordage. Worked REALLY well. (At least for me.)

Edited out typo.

jimmyv

Mar 12, 2004, 7:58 PM
Post #3 of 6 (2603 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

ok, cool, do you think the webbing would weaken the webbing at all; only really relevant to high line? also what knot do you use to tie it into the anchor; also relevant to the safety of a high line? this would have to be undoable so the line is reusable. possibly a simple overhand on a bight with a biner in the knot too? is this considered safe? cheers

sheldonjr

Mar 17, 2004, 1:22 AM
Post #4 of 6 (2603 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'd try clove hitching the business portion of the line to two biners, this way you can pry the knot apart after. Also back up with an overhand on a bight. The overhand seems to be the standard knot for 'lines, but you won't get it undone after you walk on it, guaranteed. I don't know about highlining. But this works well for my lowlines.

theturtle

Mar 17, 2004, 2:11 AM
Post #5 of 6 (2603 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

To effectively remove the tensioning system, attach it to the end of the Slackline with the knot fixed in it. Use a clove hitch on 2 'biners to adjust the line's length at the other end of the line.

After tightening the Slackline, set another anchor directly above the anchor for the tensioning system. Use another length of webbing to trucker's-hitch the Slackline to the new anchor. If you wrap the webbing in your trucker's hitch 3 or more complete times, you can safely finish the trucker's hitch with a slip-knot. Once you have installed the "tie-off", you can easily remove your tensioning system.

After slacking, simply pop the slip-knot out, and VERY carefuly release the tension from your system. Be careful not to let the webbing release too quickly, or you will burn your Slackline.

Hopefully this makes some sense. :?

plounce

Mar 29, 2004, 6:29 PM
Post #6 of 6 (2603 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hey pooh face,
your'e not allowed slacklining.
long tiime no hear mr. sun is slowly coming out in aberdeenshire and the slacklines will too soon. try to write back on my hotmail sometime.
love
tom

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Slacklining

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook