Forums: Climbing Partners: US - East Coast:
PA Climbers Thread!
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - East Coast

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 36 Next page Last page  View All

dontfall

Mar 18, 2004, 5:35 PM
Post #176 of 883 (45545 views)
Shortcut

Re: PA Climbers Thread! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

In reply to:
Well Kimmy, I'll have my buddies with me, but I dunno what division I'm gonna enter yet. If I'm in yours, you can just join us if you want. We'll see though. I won't know for another week. Missed a great session at Haycock by the way!!

<=glen=>

yeah...Glen kicked me in the eye. You should have seen it. HAHA Dude, just bustin your chops.

jkarns

Mar 18, 2004, 5:39 PM
Post #177 of 883 (45545 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Well Kimmy, I'll have my buddies with me, but I dunno what division I'm gonna enter yet. If I'm in yours, you can just join us if you want. We'll see though. I won't know for another week. Missed a great session at Haycock by the way!!

<=glen=>

It doesn't mater which division you're in. Everyone will be climbing together regardless. Folks will just wander through the boulderfield climbing whatever looks interesting. With all the people there, there will surely be pads below all the classic lines.

Partner xcel360

Mar 18, 2004, 6:35 PM
Post #178 of 883 (45549 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

<=glen=>

Requoted to say that I meant to say that I'll have my buddies *pad* with me, not my buddies. I think I'll be alone this trip, everyone else is bailing on me, again. But like Josh said, I guess it doesn't matter, since everything is scattered everywhere. Lemme know if you want to climb together Kimmy, I dunno how many people your gonna be with. Also, we're gonna try and hit Haycock again, can you make it? Or you gonna diss us for Ralph Stover again? :lol:

So yeah, I got sketched out on this highball slab and tried to come down gracefully. Didn't happen and I kicked Chris (who was doing a fantastic job of spotting me, unfortuantly for him) in the eye. lol, in retrospect though it was funny.

dontfall

Mar 19, 2004, 2:31 AM
Post #179 of 883 (45545 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Glen,

The weather is gonna be so shitty this weekend. I seriously think it's gonna be horrible. Snow tonite, Rain on saturday...I'll pm you..

kimmyt

Mar 19, 2004, 12:36 PM
Post #180 of 883 (45545 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Aw, you guys are the best. Actually, I ended up buying a pad yesterday. So I'll be all set. But, Glen, since Chris ditched me (bastid) I don't have anyone to climb with and will be there by myself...so if you wanna carpool or something lemme know, and I'd definitely be cool with climbing with ya!!

Yall let me know on the weekend....looking like a ton of snow, and I'm thinking I may hit the slopes for one last hurrah on Sunday morning before they close down for good. But if you decide you wanna be hardcore and try to get on some rock later on Saturday, say after 12, then I'd be willing to put on some extra layers and go for it!!

K.

ovclimb

Mar 19, 2004, 4:07 PM
Post #181 of 883 (45545 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Dontfall, I'm planning on going to Cliffhangers in Reading on Saturday at about 5:00. Let me know what your schedule is like, you can e-mail me too. Thanks
-Jeff

dontfall

Mar 19, 2004, 4:25 PM
Post #182 of 883 (45545 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Hey Dontfall, I'm planning on going to Cliffhangers in Reading on Saturday at about 5:00. Let me know what your schedule is like, you can e-mail me too. Thanks
-Jeff

I'm gonna be super busy this weekend so I won't be able to make it down. I'll pm you and we can talk from there. No need to hyjack the thread.

oz120

Mar 20, 2004, 2:57 AM
Post #183 of 883 (45549 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey i am looking for a partner in my area. I just started climbing, but i did order gear and should have it in the next 2 weeks just looking for someone to climb with near home.

kimmyt

Mar 22, 2004, 1:02 PM
Post #184 of 883 (45546 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

What area are you speaking of??

K.

dennyg

Mar 22, 2004, 1:24 PM
Post #185 of 883 (45545 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Don't Fall

I'm up with that . Supose to be in the 50s ...Wed. on

dontfall

Mar 22, 2004, 1:45 PM
Post #186 of 883 (45545 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

whered you have in mind?

dennyg

Mar 22, 2004, 3:52 PM
Post #187 of 883 (45545 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Someplace warm and sunny, Tall would help . What's close to u ...Chickies. If it not windy chickies is good
see what the weather brings ...

Thursday climbing somewhere with Joann maybe HF or RSP ur more then welcome

I'll keep in touch

Partner mr8615

Mar 22, 2004, 4:22 PM
Post #188 of 883 (45545 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey, I'm gonna be in Kutztown friday afternoon and early saturday. I can't afford to go to the Governor Stable comp, but is anyone climbing around there Saturday? I haven't climbed anywhere in PA but at Chickies, I'd be interested to know what Birdsboro quarry is like, or Ralph Stover, or Haycock. If anyone is familiar with those areas, let me know. Or any areas I may be missing. I have to be in Lancaster by 4, but I'm determind to get somethin done before that.

dontfall

Mar 25, 2004, 4:00 AM
Post #189 of 883 (45549 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Would anyone be up for some bouldering at Lehigh Gap...East Side?
Devils Pulpit or w/e it is works out just as well.

I've never been there but I'm willing to explore here and there. Let's say next week sometime. I'm free all day on Tuesday and Wedsenday.

Anyone Game?

Partner xcel360

Mar 25, 2004, 5:10 AM
Post #190 of 883 (45545 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Hey, I'm gonna be in Kutztown friday afternoon and early saturday. I can't afford to go to the Governor Stable comp, but is anyone climbing around there Saturday? I haven't climbed anywhere in PA but at Chickies, I'd be interested to know what Birdsboro quarry is like, or Ralph Stover, or Haycock. If anyone is familiar with those areas, let me know. Or any areas I may be missing. I have to be in Lancaster by 4, but I'm determind to get somethin done before that.

mr8615, will u be around on sunday? i have a torn rotator cuff, but there will be several of us climbing at haycock on sunday if u can make it. lemme know. chris this goes for u too, try and make it if u can!!!!!

<=glen=>

ps i'll be shooting pics all day since i can't climb!

pullonthis

Mar 25, 2004, 6:30 AM
Post #191 of 883 (45545 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey all,

I'll be heading to Chickies on friday and Birdsboro on saturday. If anyone wants to show up, we'll be there all day, depending on the weather. I've been lurking this thread and I'd like to meet some of you guys. -- AL

phyre

Mar 25, 2004, 6:48 AM
Post #192 of 883 (45547 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hello everyone,
I was told that there is some great beginner trad stuff at Ralph Stover and would like to take a look at it this weekend if the weather cooperates. Is anyone headed out that way?

For that matter is anyone headed someplace else that has great beginner trad?
have a great warm week, Hopefully
Tim

walllizzard

Mar 25, 2004, 8:34 AM
Post #193 of 883 (45545 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey all,

I just wanted to say hi to everyone. I live in E-town and am very familiar with the local areas, IE; Chickes, Gretna, GS, Purple Light, D Rock and ive been to Rocks state park in MD and travel to Timonium and other indoor gyms, Anyone who wants to climb let me know, I work nights so always up for an afternoon outside or in. Another note, I’m sure you all know of the Bouldering comp @ Governor Stables, we need everyone’s support or we will be losing this great climbing area. I know that last year left a bad taste in everyone’s mouth. The current Board had a lot of cleanup to do with the PAC, it would be a shame to all climbers in PA to let this Organization fail. I know many of the board members and know they have put much of there own money and time to trying to get the PAC back onto its feet. Even if ppl can’t afford the comp any money’s from ppl would be appreciated, heck come by the comp and see if ya like what ya see. Ill get off my soap box now. Please ppl don’t let the PAC become yet another failed climbing organization fail due to money inadequacies

jkarns

Mar 25, 2004, 1:47 PM
Post #194 of 883 (45545 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

walllizard--

Thanks for the words of support, but there ain't no way tha PAC will be going anywhere!!! The people have spoken and are rallying around the cause of Governor Stable. Boulderer have been registering for the comp at breakneck speed for the past few days, and I can say will all certainty that we'll be open for business for another year!

That being said, we still do need your support! We'd like to get a little money in the bank to fund other projects and to give us a cushion for the future. While pre-registration is closed, the competition is still wid open. I encourage all of you to join in the fun this Saturday. Join in our local climbing commUNITY and show your support for Rocksylvania. Over 100 registered so far and going strong!

http://www.paclimbers.org

Josh

chronicle

Mar 25, 2004, 2:02 PM
Post #195 of 883 (45545 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Jkarns --

I will be there Friday night. I'm bringing 3 people, one of which is already registered. Keep the lights on, we'll be rolling in around 10:00!

dontfall

Mar 25, 2004, 3:16 PM
Post #196 of 883 (45546 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

mr8615, will u be around on sunday? i have a torn rotator cuff, but there will be several of us climbing at haycock on sunday if u can make it. lemme know. chris this goes for u too, try and make it if u can!!!!!

<=glen=>

Glen,

ps i'll be shooting pics all day since i can't climb!

I wish I could make it but I'll still be in Harrisburg probably climbing and helping the cleanup after the comp. One more week dude!!!

rokshoxbkr19

Mar 25, 2004, 3:31 PM
Post #197 of 883 (45545 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Pullonthis,
I will be seeing you at Chickies on Friday. I am teaching a private lesson there from early until the rain comes. I have a shaved head, if you see me say hi bro. Later.

EROCK
www.geocities.com/yorkclimber

pullonthis

Mar 25, 2004, 9:16 PM
Post #198 of 883 (45548 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Right on bro!

I'll be there teaching my partner how to place pro and build anchors, so that we can start taking some trips to the gunks, etc. I'll be sure to see ya. We'll be getting there early so that we can get in a few climbs before the rain. -- AL

rwaltermyer

Mar 25, 2004, 9:34 PM
Post #199 of 883 (45547 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

chris...lehigh gap is where mark used to boulder...awful landing. And devils pulpit you can see as you drive on 248 past the gap, it doesnt look very appealing...both I've never been there up close and personal. If you're going to either, though, be prepared for a hike! Its insanely steep, especially on the D.P. side. One slip and you'd fall (and roll) a good thousand feet of vert into the Lehigh below.

That being said, I think S. Ridge is a better bet.

As for the GS Comp, I'm still debating whether I'll be there.

Maybe I'll take up Glens trip to Haycock on Sunday instead.

Partner xcel360

Mar 25, 2004, 9:46 PM
Post #200 of 883 (45551 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Maybe I'll take up Glens trip to Haycock on Sunday instead.

Glen definetly thinks you should, and so does Dino. And speaking of Dino, you should check out all the pics I just posted of him on here Randy, He got Little Fluffy Clouds at Haycock, V5.

<=glen=>

http://www.rockclimbing.com/...Photographer=xcel360

First page Previous page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 36 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - East Coast

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook