Forums: Climbing Partners: US - Mountain States:
Front Range climbing partners - ongoing thread
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - Mountain States

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 288 Next page Last page  View All

zozo

Mar 22, 2004, 2:36 AM
Post #226 of 7199 (235603 views)
Shortcut

Re: Front Range, CO, looking for partners [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

1. Always be nice to a Lady's dog.

2. Always let a Cutie rappel on your rope.

3 Repeat steps 1 and 2 ad infinitum.

reno

Mar 22, 2004, 2:38 AM
Post #227 of 7199 (235603 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Actually, we were there until 3:30, so you could have done something. Yeah, let us know if you can make Lumpy next weekend and what day, dood.

Next weekend is out for me: I'll be in Phoenix, Arizona.

Y'all have fun without me (I've no doubt you'll do just that!)

crazyfingers

Mar 22, 2004, 4:33 AM
Post #228 of 7199 (235603 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey folks,

Had a blast today. Dave, I got some picks but not many... seems I left the camera on in my pack and killed my "new" batteries. Crap. :cry: , the couple I did get I'll post early next week. I think skycat was taking some pics also... Kelli, got any good pics to share? BTW, nice to meet Derek, seems like a great guy.

Special thanks to James and Jeremy for all the trad betta and puttin up with a trad newbie. I learned a bunch of stuff today that will save a heap of time in future. As far as routes go: boulder direct's 1st and calipso's 1st. Butt breakin "belay ledge" :shock: on boulder direct was good for a laugh... Recommend calipso to all, really juggy, big flakes... great warm up. Would also recommend the Dark Horse! Nice call Tim, frozen mugs and a great pulled pork sandwich, I hope enjoy many a cold one there after a bunch more days like today in Eldo! I have to go to CA all next week for work, will be back into town on late Friday and hope to get some climbing in on Sunday. Hope to see you then.

Have a great week everybody,

KT

bustinmins

Mar 22, 2004, 11:54 AM
Post #229 of 7199 (235603 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I really enjoy climbing with you all. I hope this forum and group stay tight for a long time to come.

Pleasure to have you "trad newbies" on our flanks. Now - if anyone can teach me how to use better balance, heel hooks, bouldering(V minus 10) I'd appreciate it. :) Maybe one day I'll get better at friction holds but for now - its juggy and positive! :) Kyle - maybe you and I could work on that a little bit at Rock-n-Jamn during the week? Hmm - that is an idea. I can fall all day there and not break anything that would hinder my trad weekends. :)

I'll be in Atlanta, Raliegh, Nashville, Santa Barbara and back to Denver this week. I doubt I'm going to want to travel this weekend but I really do need to see my 92 year old grandmother who keeps reminding me that she's 92....lol. Is there a hint in there or something? I just hate to spend my time in Houston when I could be in Eldo or Lumpy but this is a good reason to bail. :)

Regardless - I'll in and out of the forum over the week. Let me know what you all decide. I'm game for anything if I stay in town. I can belay anyone on single pitch sport....LOL. I can prusik clean any trad route - so just let me know. :)

Would anyone be up for a group effort in a self-rescue class? Since we're climbing together quite a bit we might want to consider this and have some fun with it. :) I'd bet we can get a group discount to boot. I would imagine the prices are a bit lofty at CMS but the competence and guidance we'd receive would really make up for it. Just my .02 - anyone else think this is a good idea and interested enough to make the investment?

Gotta bolt - its way to early for me!

See ya,

JD

rltodd00

Mar 22, 2004, 3:23 PM
Post #230 of 7199 (235603 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I agree with everyone else, I had an excellent time. It was my first time at Eldo and the first time I have done anything other than bouldering this year. What an excellent day to start the year off. I'm glad I got to meet all of you and I look forward to climbing with this group again.

Bustinmins if you’re going to be in Atl. and you get a chance, I would defiantly check out Boat rock. I lived in the Atlanta suburbs for quite a while and frequented boat rock often. Excellent boulder problems, most are pretty difficult though. It’s a nice place to visit and work on foot work.

Everyone that came up from the springs, I’ll see you Tues. and if anyone wants to throw down some routes or boulder at the garden later this week let me know.

Rob

zozo

Mar 22, 2004, 3:40 PM
Post #231 of 7199 (235603 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Since Im just starting to lead, Id really like to lead some easy stuff at the garden. Maybe wed? We can talk about it Tuesday night. Highabove , you should come along to if you can.

skycat

Mar 22, 2004, 3:45 PM
Post #232 of 7199 (235603 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Considering pretty much every muscle in my body is sore I'd say it was a great weekend. It was fun climbing with everyone.

Derek and I will be in Moab this weekend, but we will try to hook up with you again in 2 weeks.

Kelli

zozo

Mar 22, 2004, 5:39 PM
Post #233 of 7199 (235603 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

PS. To the women who climbed RECON and then rapped over my head as I was doing the chimney on The Bomb - join this forum - please give me a PM. It was nice meeting you two as well and maybe someday we can bag a route together.

I'll fight you for em!! :)

heather2004

Mar 23, 2004, 12:51 AM
Post #234 of 7199 (235603 views)
Shortcut

Re: Front Range climbing partners - ongoing thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi everyone, I live in Colorado Springs and I'm looking for a climbing partner for sport, trad, toproping, anything. I'm a beginner, so I'm looking for someone to do fairly easy routes (5.7 to 5.8 or so) with me to start with. Any takers?

coclimber26

Mar 23, 2004, 1:13 AM
Post #235 of 7199 (235603 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Heather, we are meeting at 5pm tomorrow (Tuesday) at the Sport Climbing Center off of Garden of the Gods road. You are welcome to join us if you like...

bustinmins

Mar 23, 2004, 1:29 AM
Post #236 of 7199 (235603 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Hi everyone, I live in Colorado Springs and I'm looking for a climbing partner for sport, trad, toproping, anything. I'm a beginner, so I'm looking for someone to do fairly easy routes (5.7 to 5.8 or so) with me to start with. Any takers?

Hello Heather - if you are ever game for coming up to Denver and climbing in Eldo - easy stuff 5.4-5.5 for right now - I'm game to take you as a second or third. I'm sure I could talk Kelli or Derek into going again. ;)

JD

bustinmins

Mar 23, 2004, 1:32 AM
Post #237 of 7199 (235603 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

PS. To the women who climbed RECON and then rapped over my head as I was doing the chimney on The Bomb - join this forum - please give me a PM. It was nice meeting you two as well and maybe someday we can bag a route together.

i'm just looking for climbing partners - no fight needed....however I do share your sentiments. :)

JD

zozo

Mar 23, 2004, 3:16 AM
Post #238 of 7199 (235593 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

Wendesday night Im thinking of leading some 5.7 -5.9 stuff at the garden. Like coclimber26 said, a few of us are getting together at the gym. Stop by.

zozo

Mar 23, 2004, 3:25 AM
Post #239 of 7199 (235593 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

i'm just looking for climbing partners - no fight needed....however I do share your sentiments. :)

JD

I still want to fight you though, is that cool? Say next sunday, deathmatch kinda thing?!

elcommunisto

Mar 23, 2004, 6:13 AM
Post #240 of 7199 (235593 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I figure I might as well throw my two cents in about Sunday:

I also had a great time. It's certainly a new experience climbing outside. Not real sure about this trad climbing business though. It's fun, but it's really slow. :) I also learned several new things. Chief among these things is WEAR SUNSCREEN! The right side of my face got cooked pretty good. I'm almost surprised it didn't start to blister. :shock: Another notch in the bedpost of learning experiences, I suppose.

Anybody interested in doing some *gasp* sport climbing? :prepares to dodge various thrown items: I'd like to try some of that before I make up my mind which I like better.

Another big thanks to Jeremy and Kyle for taking the time to climb with a complete n00b. I greatly appreciate your patience and help. I know it sucks to be stuck with the new guy sometimes, but your attitude made it far more likely that I'll keep going out there, and plugging up the already crowded routes in the future. :mrgreen:

-Josh

heather2004

Mar 23, 2004, 8:56 PM
Post #241 of 7199 (235593 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Heather, we are meeting at 5pm tomorrow (Tuesday) at the Sport Climbing Center off of Garden of the Gods road. You are welcome to join us if you like...

Thanks for the invite. I can't make it to the gym today, but I could go anytime next week--please let me know if you all are going again next week.

timstich

Mar 23, 2004, 10:36 PM
Post #242 of 7199 (235593 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Shelf Road is on the upcoming schedule of outings, which is limestone sport routes. Perhaps we can go there one of the days this weekend or next weekend? I might add that we have already hit two sport crags, Cat Slab in CCC and Golden Cliffs. Eldo is the only trad area we have visited thus far.

zozo

Mar 23, 2004, 10:57 PM
Post #243 of 7199 (235593 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Im sounding like a broken record, but Im up for anywhere. Id like to keep the split 50 % trad and 50% sport because like someone else said the trad stuff goes alittle slower cause so many of us are new at it. Some of us Springers have kicked the idea around of going back to eldo on sat. We are climbing in the gym tonight and will probably decide something. We now have 5 Springers in total!

crazyfingers

Mar 24, 2004, 1:10 AM
Post #244 of 7199 (235593 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I am up for anywhere Sunday. Looking to get an early start, need to be back in Denver circa 5pm. I am up for Trad or sport, would just have to follow a trad leader because they are in short supply (for now... :) ). If we hit shelf and anybody needs a ride from Denver, I have room for one, potentially more if I can talk my wife out of her truck.

James, I am up for some gym climbing next Thursday afterwork, and will probably go at lunch on Tuesday. R&J south, Aaron will probably go Thrusday.

Again a special thanks to the Trad leaders on Sunday at Eldo, it was a blast and I am willing to offer my humble services as gear sherpa, route cleaner and rope flaker for any and all future Eldo trips.

KT

bobd1953

Mar 24, 2004, 2:15 AM
Post #245 of 7199 (235593 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Just a little note. There seems to be a lot of new-to-trad-climbers on this thread. I offer guide service for anyone looking to improved their leading skills. I have over 34 years of climbing under my belt from numerous FA's, over 40 big wall ascents and various hard trad-ascents in the US and aboard. Drop me a line if need more information. My web-site will be up in about two-weeks.

timstich

Mar 24, 2004, 2:36 AM
Post #246 of 7199 (235593 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Just a little note. There seems to be a lot of new-to-trad-climbers on this thread. I offer guide service for anyone looking to improved their leading skills. I have over 34 years of climbing under my belt from numerous FA's, over 40 big wall ascents and various hard trad-ascents in the US and aboard. Drop me a line if need more information. My web-site will be up in about two-weeks.

Hey Bob D.

I noticed you and George talking now and again on other threads. Thanks for dropping by. You might point some of these guys to your sport routes as well. In fact, I have no idea how to find most of your Boulder Canyon ones. I have the Falcon guidebook and figured it was too old.

See you around the crags.

-Tim

rltodd00

Mar 24, 2004, 3:54 AM
Post #247 of 7199 (235593 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well it looks like some of us from the springs have decided to go to the garden on Thurs. (of course everyone is more than welcome) If it is ok with everyone else I would like to suggest we meet at the white and red twin spires between north and south gateway rocks around 4:30 or 5:00 (I would suggest meeting in one of the parking lots but I usually have a hard time finding a place to park my big azz truck). I probably won’t go to work that day so if anyone wants to show up earlier let me know. I will also have my cell phone so if anyone wants to show up later pm me and I will give you the number so you can find us. (or you could run around yell “ZOZO” at the top of your lungs and I’m sure he would answer)
That ok with everyone?

Larry and Dave, the gym climbing was excellent we'll definitely have to do that again (because I have to get that white route down).

Oh and I vote for shelf this weekend.

nthusiastj

Mar 24, 2004, 5:38 AM
Post #248 of 7199 (235593 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

So what's the deal? Are we talking Lumpy one day and Shelf the next?

zozo

Mar 24, 2004, 1:08 PM
Post #249 of 7199 (235593 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I would like to suggest we meet at the white and red twin spires between north and south gateway rocks around 4:30 or 5:00

4:30 it is by the twins - This is a real low key thing, Im prbably going to climb finger ramp, and a few variation over there and maybe the first pitch of west point crack and maybe silver spoon.

In reply to:
Larry and Dave, the gym climbing was excellent we'll definitely have to do that again (because I have to get that white route down).

Yeah that actually kept me awake for awhile last night! Makes me wonder if that first 11 was an 11 at all?

timstich

Mar 24, 2004, 1:26 PM
Post #250 of 7199 (235593 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
So what's the deal? Are we talking Lumpy one day and Shelf the next?

Yes. Does Lumpy on Saturday work for you? I have another friend who is thinking of going out that day. Martha, did you want to hit Shelf on any particular day?

-Tim

First page Previous page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 288 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - Mountain States

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook