RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Sport Climbing

Premier Sponsor:

climbingstud

Mar 31, 2004, 7:39 AM
Post #1 of 2 (980 views)
Shortcut

Auburn
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Does anyone have any current info on the Auburn SRA? I just moved up here from the Bay Area and havent found any spots. Any beta and current status of the access to it would be nice! Thanks alot.

roughster

Mar 31, 2004, 7:52 AM
Post #2 of 2 (980 views)
Shortcut

Re: Auburn [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

In reply to:
Does anyone have any current info on the Auburn SRA? I just moved up here from the Bay Area and havent found any spots. Any beta and current status of the access to it would be nice! Thanks alot.

Current Status = Pooo :(

Basically the Rangers slowed down on the patroling during winter, but my guess is they will pick back up again with the sun coming out. It is illegal to climb there, however no one I know of has been cited yet. They basically will take your name and number and ask you to leave.

Furthmore to make matters worse, the Active Quarry guards are starting to call climbers into the rangers. Makes it kind of a dubble whammy :( The place to go is the Wreckage Wall since it is not visible from the active quarry or the Lower as well as Old Foresthill Road.

Almost 50 routes, from 5.7 to 5.13+ with something for everyone. The rock is awesome for sport climbing since it features just about everything under the sun and comes in at all angles. There are even two multipitch climbs already established with room for ALOT more.

The Access Fund has been on the case for awhile, but basically things are pretty much moving very very very very slowly. I have been sent on numerous fact/info gathering missions only to return and just get sent on another. I don't know if I am just get lip service from the AF or what as the local rep doesn't really seem to be all that interested in pursuing it. You know, "We got to save Cave Rock" in Tahoe meanwhile Auburn has more potential and could service more climbers and is in a state recreation area for pete's sake.

Oh well. Some friends and I are developing some new stuff that is amazing without the access issues of the quarry. Since my focus has been diverted elsewhere, I don't have as much energy to devote to the "find the needle in the haystack" quests I was doing. If someone is interested in honestly trying to work on the place, PM me and I can give you the current Af request. Just don't be surprised when after you answer that one, they just send you off for more....

(Can you sense I am getting a bit bitter about the AF?)

Aaron

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Sport Climbing

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook