RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Bouldering

Premier Sponsor:

old_school

Apr 10, 2002, 2:11 AM
Post #1 of 12 (3200 views)
Shortcut

slippen into velcroe
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'v think about buying a pair of anasazi's from five ten. I've heard that they are pretty nice but I would like to know your thoughts on how well they perform. Also how easy or hard are they to put on. (i haven't tried them on yet because my local dealer doesn't carry them)

paintinhaler

Apr 10, 2002, 3:24 AM
Post #2 of 12 (3200 views)
Shortcut

slippen into velcroe [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I love them. The Velcro is fine, no problems yet. Fit like a glove. I wear a 10.5 street shoe and got a 9.5 in the climbing shoe. I know what it's like trying to get a shoe. I think you should get this shoe is you do a lot of tech. face climbing. Try the Fiveten Dragon if you do a lot of overhangs. They mold your feet into hands. I had some good Scarpa shoes, but overall Fiveten rubber still sticks better. I didn't think it would but it does. If you have any ?s PM me... laterz

ratstar

Apr 10, 2002, 5:27 AM
Post #3 of 12 (3200 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I have anasazis. I love them they feel awesome. Get them if you can. Hell-of-a shoe.

bowlderman

Apr 10, 2002, 3:24 PM
Post #4 of 12 (3200 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

velcro is all good man. i climb in five/ten ascents. they're like that shoe only they have a padded heal. they're great shoes. i had the same kinda feeling about them when i bought them. i thought maybe velcro was cheezy. i was definitely wrong. they have the same capabilities of laces in that you have multiple places to adjust to foot width. but they're a million times faster to get on and off. usually when i climb i climb for at least two hours, so i'm taking my shoes on and off alot since i wear a 10 1/2 and bought a 9 1/2 five/ten too. it saves alot of time.
buy them!

howitzer

Apr 10, 2002, 3:43 PM
Post #5 of 12 (3200 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I love my anasazis - the best shoe I have ever owned. They fit so well, like they were made for my foot. I wear a womens 5.5 or 6 shoe, I got the anasazis in a 5 and they fit like a glove, since they don't stretch much at all. Grip like a monster, too - can't recommend them enough!

old_school

Apr 11, 2002, 2:40 AM
Post #6 of 12 (3200 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Im getin them. thanks

pushfurther

Apr 11, 2002, 4:02 AM
Post #7 of 12 (3200 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i think i may get them as well.

wonko

Apr 11, 2002, 4:18 AM
Post #8 of 12 (3200 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I have a pair of Ascents and I love everything about them EXCEPT the velcro. I climb a good deal, like 4-5 times a week, both indoor and outdoor and over time the velcro has gotten worse and worse. It always fails when I need it most. I have become a velcro hater. I don't understand why 5-10 couldn't have used the same velcro that Teva uses, which would hold a truck. The Ascents velcro losens as you wear it over many hours and/or try and do technical toe work where the shoe is being stretched a lot.

The shoe itself is awesome, but next time I'm going for lace-ups like the Newton which has the same last, but is a laceup. Especially if you're doing multi-pitch routes where your on the wall for many hours at a time, go for lace-ups. Much better all-around shoes.

Off-topic, but relevant, the lining in the ascents tends to pick up an 'oder' which does not go away, EVER!.

My $.02

old_school

Apr 12, 2002, 3:25 AM
Post #9 of 12 (3200 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

They will be mine this weekend, and wonko, mabey your velcroe wasn't the best, but on other sites I read that people had no prob with the anasazi velcroe. Who knows?

jono13

Apr 13, 2002, 2:24 AM
Post #10 of 12 (3200 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i got some, but i was a bit disapointed. i find they dont smear to well, but they work awesome on edging, pockets, and thin cracks. good shoe overall tho

bowlderman

Apr 16, 2002, 4:10 PM
Post #11 of 12 (3200 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

wonko, i'm a bit concerned because my ascents are rather new. i like them alot but i hope that i don't run into your delema. uummm, the guy who i talked to before i bought them told me they were a pretty much full proof shoe. he's a really good friend of mine so i took his word for it. i understand what your talking aobut but i think that i might be ok since i do most of my climbing indoor. i won't be dealing with dirt and dust. just chalk. thanks for the warning though.

timhinck

Apr 19, 2002, 2:27 PM
Post #12 of 12 (3200 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I have a pair of Ascents.

The velcro never fails for me. The only problem I have had is that the shoe is so comfortable I don't want to take it off. So now I have stretched them out too far from walking around in them.

I would HIGHLY recomend you all checking out the new La Sportiva Katana! This shoe is great. It's also a velcro. Everyone seems to be getting a pair down here in the Southeast.

peace,

tim

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Bouldering

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook