Forums: Climbing Partners: US - East Coast:
Calling all McAfee Knob, VA Climbers!
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - East Coast

Premier Sponsor:

leedaclimber

Apr 13, 2004, 9:19 PM
Post #1 of 8 (4319 views)
Shortcut

Calling all McAfee Knob, VA Climbers!  (North_America: United_States: Virginia: South_Western: McAfee)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I (leedaclimber) am a boulderer and into filmography. I am currently making a lengthy bouldering video guide featuring the McAfee area. Another friend Jay (boulderfanatic) is making a topo for the area. The topo and parts of the vid will hopefully go on drtopo.com sometime this year (June time frame). Sometime after that the full length video should be available on DVD/VCR to the public.

If any of you guys have info on first ascents at McAfee, or know anyone who would have any beta on the area, please let us know ASAP!

Or if you live near there or would like to contribute to this effort in any other way, just ask me. I will be filming this weekend on April 16-19. Feel free to come check out the “scene”. If you can climb, you will likely end up in the video.

Ed (eli_mann), Pam (pisceian), Jay (boulderfanatic), and myself (leedaclimber) are a few of us involved in this effort.

Matthew Gant

ps. To get in touch with me, just reply to this post or email me at Matthew_Gant@yahoo

Partner mr8615

Apr 13, 2004, 9:51 PM
Post #2 of 8 (4319 views)
Shortcut

Re: Calling all McAfee Knob, VA Climbers! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey, I was thinkin about heading up there Thursday. I talked to Jay about it last night and he said that he wasn't sure if you guys were goin out then. If the weather is nice I'd be down w/ heading that way for the day. I can't join ya for the weekend though, unfortunately I'm headin to PA to see the fam. I'm sure Jay will keep me posted on the project, you already have me sending Kevin's crazy V0 highball, I forget the wierd name he gave it. Keep me up to date on when you film. I love it up there and it def deserves the recognition as a great area!

Mark

leedaclimber

Apr 14, 2004, 2:02 AM
Post #3 of 8 (4319 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Mark,
i won't be able to make it thursday. Maybe next time. I will use that highball footage of you somewhere though. I've already rendered a few clips from the last weekend I filmed. Ask Jay for the link...

I agree that McAfee deserves some recognition and I hope the video and guide do it justice.

Matthew

leedaclimber

Apr 15, 2004, 5:02 PM
Post #4 of 8 (4319 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The weather is looking perfect for this weekend. We have quite a crew of boulderers coming out to McAfee from Roanoke climbing gym and VA Tech. If anyone else can come out, just reply to this thread and let me know or email me for meeting times.

Matthew_Gant@yahoo

pisceian

Apr 23, 2004, 6:00 PM
Post #5 of 8 (4319 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm heading up to the Knob Saturday (24th) with a couple of friends if anyone wants to join us. We'll try to head out early to beat the heat and climb all day.

If you're interested in specifics PM me,
-P

leedaclimber

Apr 28, 2004, 11:14 AM
Post #6 of 8 (4319 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

This weekend I'll be at McAfee again (5/2/04). If anyone wants to join us, give me a pm ASAP. Also, if anyone has beta on finding Bill Saul's phone number, or any other McAfee local climbers, please let me know. Thanks,

Matthew

ichaelme

Sep 26, 2007, 1:56 AM
Post #7 of 8 (2411 views)
Shortcut

Re: [leedaclimber] Calling all McAfee Knob, VA Climbers! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

hey mates, let me know when that video hits the public. or like post a topic about it when you complete the video.
i would love to see it.
good luck

leedaclimber

Sep 26, 2007, 2:32 PM
Post #8 of 8 (2397 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ichaelme] Calling all McAfee Knob, VA Climbers! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

ichaelme wrote:
hey mates, let me know when that video hits the public. or like post a topic about it when you complete the video.
i would love to see it.
good luck
Do you realize you replied to an almost 3.5 year old thread? haha. anyway, I filmed all this 3 years ago-
-more than 40 problems
-25 different climbers

anyway, we never got around to putting together a full length film. But i've always wanted to share the footage. Soooo, I am going to start posting short clips here on RC of all the McAfee problems filmed. The first vid should be posted in the next 10 days- i'll post up when it goes online!

Matthew

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - East Coast

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook