Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Climbing Gozo Malta, With a lack of a guide Book
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

xav

Apr 18, 2004, 12:01 AM
Post #1 of 3 (2324 views)
Shortcut

Climbing Gozo Malta, With a lack of a guide Book  (North_America: United_States: Washington: Eastern_Washington: Dishman_Rocks: Dishman)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

The quesition i here again and again is where is malta's climbing guide. This is a good question. I have been told that one has been writen and was to be published this year but i will beleive this when i see it. But in the mean time if you would like any information on Climbing on the island Of Gozo i am happy to give you as much information as i can.

julian

Apr 20, 2004, 12:47 AM
Post #2 of 3 (2324 views)
Shortcut

Re: Climbing Gozo Malta, With a lack of a guide Book [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I am verry interested to come to GOZO for climbing. A friend has been on GOZO he send me a great picture of climbing at the cliffs at the AZUR WINDOW. Will try to show it on this website an add the location.
He told me you can make great abseilings too (150m Cliffs...)

But how can i book anything an what time of the year? I think autum, winter and spring will be great - i saw a climatc diagram you have 15 to 20C. -like spring in northern europe. Here in germany you mostly have to climb in boring indoor climbing-halls in the cold season of the year - because of bad weather!

Have you any information about a travel-agency who offers flight, accomodation, climbing-guide, equippment on GOZO and a lot of fun..

Julian

gary2012

Jul 27, 2012, 3:08 AM
Post #3 of 3 (302 views)
Shortcut

Re: [julian] Climbing Gozo Malta, With a lack of a guide Book [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

hello,
all year long is good to climb in Malta. Winter is a bit cold if you want to deepwatersoloing but still it is possible,
in SUmmer this is the best and there are a lot of spots from where you can climb above the see. Main problem there are the jellyfish ... dont jump on them !
REgarding a book, i know that there is a guide with all the climbing spots in Malta and also deepwatersoling spots. Cant recall the name but i know it exist.
thks

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$10.89 (10% off)

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook