RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Slacklining

Premier Sponsor:

sto

Apr 27, 2004, 7:07 AM
Post #1 of 2 (1305 views)
Shortcut

Flat, Tubular or Threaded Tubular?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

What is the difference in feel between flat and tubular and threaded? I'm a beginner and use tubular 1" threaded with 9/16" and I feel comfortable (turning pretty consistently) on a 30' line but have real trouble on other people's unthreaded or flat lines. I think threading it might make it less bouncy or something. Do others notice any difference in slacklining on these different lines?

Partner slacklinejoe

Apr 27, 2004, 7:25 AM
Post #2 of 2 (1305 views)
Shortcut

Re: Flat, Tubular or Threaded Tubular? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

core difference:
Flat = 1 layer of nylon, tubular = (suprise) a tube of nylon that is woven to lay flat.

Flat nylon = usually around half as strong. See the link for much more details.http://www.slacklineexpress.com/...#size%20of%20webbing

Threaded lines are usually reserved for when additional safety is needed and is unnecessary on a low 30' line. Depending on the 9/16" stretch dynamics it can cause the line to be stiffer and stretch less.

I have had some webbing that had such different elongation that the 9/16" would be fully tight before the 1" would be making the line bulge and feel chunky since you were really walking a 9/16 that just had a 1" laying around it. That was probably an exception - two different makes for the webbing - very stretchy 1" and less stretchy 9/16".

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Slacklining

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook