RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - MidWest

Premier Sponsor:

rockmunkey21

May 24, 2004, 5:40 AM
Post #1 of 11 (2159 views)
Shortcut

looking for climbing partner in SD
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Private Reply | Can't Post

Hello. I got into climbing several months ago and love it. I have most of the gear but there a couple of problems 1. Where do i meet people who climb on the eastern side of this state? 2. Where are some spots to practice at?

bilias

May 24, 2004, 6:36 AM
Post #2 of 11 (2159 views)
Shortcut

Re: looking for climbing partner in SD [In reply to]
Report this Post

hey, i'm from sioux falls originally. if you feel like driving an hour or so there is the palisades state park in nearby garretson, sd. stop at scheels in sioux falls for the guidebook. it's a great place for top-roping practice. other than that, eastern sd sucks for climbing. drive another hour east to blue mounds st. park by luvurne minnesota. they have falcon guide books available at scheels or at the ranger station. good luck!

bilias

May 24, 2004, 6:37 AM
Post #3 of 11 (2159 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

hey, i'm from sioux falls originally. if you feel like driving an hour or so there is the palisades state park in nearby garretson, sd. stop at scheels in sioux falls for the guidebook. it's a great place for top-roping practice. other than that, eastern sd sucks for climbing. drive another hour east to blue mounds st. park by luvurne minnesota. they have falcon guide books available at scheels or at the ranger station. good luck!

dragonlii

Jun 26, 2004, 6:17 AM
Post #4 of 11 (2159 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

hey rock
my climbing partner and I go up to Palisades SD and nearby Blue Mounds frequently (when her husband lets her, since I'm a guy and I think he has separation issues). Also have a bunch of friends that go up, too. I disagree with bilias... climbing in SD doesn't suck; they're just short routes. you can lead them, too, if you have the balls to place pro in slick quartzite! oh, yeah, it only takes about 20 minutes to get to Blu Mnds. unless you get lost like bilias must, in which case, that scares me. email me back. dragonmmxii@yahoo.com

bilias

Jun 26, 2004, 6:58 AM
Post #5 of 11 (2159 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Dude, I don't know how fast you drive, but blue mounds is at least 45 minutes total driving time from Sioux Falls. Just tell the guy what you know and don't make fun of me, ass.

bilias

Jun 26, 2004, 7:10 AM
Post #6 of 11 (2159 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?go=1&1a=2700%20S.%20Alpine%20Ave&1c=Sioux%20Falls&1s=SD&1z=&1y=US&do=nw&1ex=1&2ex=1&src=maps&ct=NA&2a=&2c=Luverne&2s=MN&2z=56156%2d4057&2y=US&2pn=&2l=khBI3cYKaQU%3d&2g=b%2fFEc8GaLkA%3d&2v=ZIP&2pl=

Check out estimated driving time

duskerhu

Jun 26, 2004, 8:28 AM
Post #7 of 11 (2159 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

:?

Look, from Mitchell you've got two choices...

Drive east to Palisades in SD (or farther east to Blue Mounds SP in Luverne, MN)...

Drive west to Rapid City and the Black Hills areas...

Barring that, find an old silo and bolt up your own routes for practice til you can get away for real rock.

If you need any info for Blue Mounds, PM me...

duskerhu

rockmunkey21

Jun 29, 2004, 5:36 PM
Post #8 of 11 (2159 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

hey I would definitly be interested in going to the Palisades or Blu mounds. My email is freetobe832001@yahoo.com

P.S. Pumpfest is going on at Sylvan Lake in the Hills on the 25th of July. Good time to compete. all levels are welcome and you can pick up some cool prizes

dragonlii

Jun 30, 2004, 10:28 AM
Post #9 of 11 (2159 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

bilias,
please note -- your mapquest references were from SIOUX FALLS to Blue Mounds, does indeed take forty-five minutes. However, your previous post was indicating a forty-five minute trip from Palisades (nearby GARRETTSON) to Blue Mounds, which is what I was referring to as only taking a few minutes. Also, I'm sorry to hear about your drug/alcohol abuse problem; perhaps you should seek counseling. Your foul, abusive language is inexcusable. Until you're able to handle your stressors in a less self-destructive manner, perhaps you chould refrain from using your computer?

bilias

Jul 26, 2004, 7:17 PM
Post #10 of 11 (2159 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Hey lili,
I admit that my wording was wrong and that it is only like 20 minutes to the mounds from palisades. However, I am going to continue to use alcohol along with available psychedelic drugs. Also, I still think you're a piece of shit.

bilias

Jul 26, 2004, 7:18 PM
Post #11 of 11 (2159 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Hey lili,
I admit that my wording was wrong and that it is only like 20 minutes to the mounds from palisades. However, I am going to continue to use alcohol along with available psychedelic drugs. Also, I still think you're a piece of shit.

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - MidWest

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook