RSS FeedRSS Feeds for International

Premier Sponsor:

andre

Jun 3, 2004, 5:10 PM
Post #1 of 6 (3908 views)
Shortcut

fontainebleau in august
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'm thinking of going to fontainebleau for one month, august. I don't have a car, but will have a crahpad. I know for sure there are going to be people there, i just don't feel like going alone and be dependant on different people every day. Anybody who's going there for a while?

thomastan

Jun 6, 2004, 2:34 PM
Post #2 of 6 (3908 views)
Shortcut

Re: fontainebleau in august [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I was in fontainbleau for the whole of last August. I manage to make some friends at the campsite in Bas Cuvier and they became regular bouldering partners. I am planning on a trip to font again this September.

However, the campsite is now closed. From the forest map and guidebook (7+8), there are other free campsites in the forest. Has anyone stayed at the free campsite in Rocher St Germain area? Or anyone know anything about the rest of the free campsites?

andre

Jun 8, 2004, 10:46 PM
Post #3 of 6 (3908 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hm yeah, that's maybe what I will do too. Just go and try to make friends or hitch a ride with other climbers to whatever area they are going. I don't know anything about free campsites, bivouacs. More info would indeed be welcome.

thomastan

Jun 9, 2004, 1:54 PM
Post #4 of 6 (3908 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Someone from a UK climbing forum told me that the campsite in Rocher St Germain has no water. So not a good idea to be heading towards there. Look like the only campsite is at Musardiere near the town of Milly La Foret. However, you will need to pay for the campsite. Please check my photos for my last trip!

andre

Jun 10, 2004, 9:54 PM
Post #5 of 6 (3908 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

8^) very nice pictures, you climb hard. I think there is another camping. I stayed there a few months ago, but I forgot the name. It was in the south of the forrest... I will try to find out again. I was not so expensive, but prices could rise in the summer season.

edit: the name is Camping Les Prés. It's located in Grez-sur-loin. Not so close to the boulder areas. I think Elephant is maybe the closest. I think it was around 4 euro for one persone, one night.

andre

Jun 11, 2004, 12:02 AM
Post #6 of 6 (3908 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Has anyone stayed at the free campsite in Rocher St Germain area? Or anyone know anything about the rest of the free campsites?

I read somewhere that all free campsites or bivouacs are closed now. Hm, I also read somewhere else that L'hippodrome de la solle and Bois le Roi are two free campsites that still exist. Very confusing, somebody please clarify..?

Forums : Climbing Partners : International

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook