Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Found climbing gear in an unlikely place (the mall)
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

xen_monkey

Apr 30, 2002, 9:34 PM
Post #1 of 4 (1746 views)
Shortcut

Found climbing gear in an unlikely place (the mall)  (North_America: United_States: Wyoming: Western_Wy_: Upper_Bridge_Bands: Hideout_Wall)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I was at Erin Mills towncenter last night and passed by the sports store there on the second floor. Just past the initial displays I saw a display with a harness and some 5.10's and nalagene bottles. At first I thought this was some cheap ploy to try and sell some "climbing" clothes.

On hurther investigation I found they had a decent selection of stuff. About a dozen shoes (though no sizes a normal person could fit into) decently priced chalk. They had the flash refill bottles but no refillable bags. A nice though small collection of biners, ascenders, draws and axes. Some harnesses, and flash temple climbing mats about $10 cheaper then MEC. Not to mention clothing from patagonia and arctyrex.

Its a good place to stop if you need some supplies on the way to the crag, but don't want to drive downtown. They had some decently priced quickdraws drom black diamond (wire gate) and another brand (can't remeber, not petzl)

Just thought I'd pass on the info, now I don't have to drive downtown to pick up a couple biners and some chalk

Oh BTW for those of you who don't know Erin Mills Twon Centre is just north of the 403 on Erin Mills at Elglington (it was the first time I had been there)

spike_in_milton

Apr 30, 2002, 10:20 PM
Post #2 of 4 (1746 views)
Shortcut

Found climbing gear in an unlikely place (the mall) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I saw that the Sportchek there had climbing gear back in December (xmas shopping and all), and was quite surprised. Didn't see a crashpad there at the time , though. Hmmmm...
Of course, the Sportchek here in Milton, right beside the Escarpment and all, doesn't have a thing.

downshift

Apr 30, 2002, 11:05 PM
Post #3 of 4 (1746 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yeah the one in Eirn Mills is Sportcheck / Coast Mountain Sports (which is a chain out of the States I think). So that's probably why they have the slightly better slection of outdoor gear.

Partner missedyno

Apr 30, 2002, 11:50 PM
Post #4 of 4 (1746 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

yeah, i heard about that place... a few of my friends went out and evidently they're selling off their climbing section. sale prices are definite markdowns, but not really a big deal. anyone else go?

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook