RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Slacklining

Premier Sponsor:

Partner slacklinejoe

Jun 23, 2004, 7:29 PM
Post #1 of 9 (2818 views)
Shortcut

Looking for hi-res slackling shots for magazine shot
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I was contacted by a magazine that was looking for some high res slackline shots. Nothing I had in my personal collection was high enough resolution as they are looking for a full 2 page spread shot.

There's nothing in it for me, but I figured I'd try and help them out (promoting the sport) by posting on here and try and hook them up with a good shot.

So, if you have a good high res shot that is a wickedly cool photo please either contact me or send it directly to Oana Marchis at fhm@atticfutura.de

I think they had a preference for high lines or similarly impressive slack shots.

Partner coldclimb

Jun 23, 2004, 7:40 PM
Post #2 of 9 (2818 views)
Shortcut

Re: Looking for hi-res slackling shots for magazine shot [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Interesting... Makes me wish I had a chance to get some highline pictures. ;)

uncleslackline

Jun 24, 2004, 4:20 AM
Post #3 of 9 (2818 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hello
Slackline Brothers has the best high resolution highline library in the business!
This guy obviously was on the wrong web-site!
Good people
Real slackline gear
The best highline vedio
Slackline.com

chilidogg

Jun 25, 2004, 2:19 AM
Post #4 of 9 (2818 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

by the way, to save time, jump to next paragraph; to educate yourselves, read the first one, well, first...

hey everyone... i just want to applaud a couple people as i tell you who has the best highlining library... here's a couple suggestions: Darren Carter; Braden Mayfield; Telluride Jim; Cedar Wright; Metolious Shawn; Whipper Wes; Jeremy; and Mark... These are the people that are passionate about highlining and put themselves out on the line everyday. While there may be many slacklining companies out there claiming to be affiliated with highlining, not a single one has an "employee", or "sponsor", or anyone who can walk a highline (except Dean/patagonia, but they aren't slacklining anyway) or any tensioning systems strong enough to hold a highline. now, i'm not saying they don't make great slackling tools... Scott Balcom, father of the Slack Jack and Slack Dog (by:SlackDaddy), showed me his rad tensioning system at the PBB: a lot lighter (on my wallet too) and compact than the other tensioning systems currently offered. They all do what they were designed to do though, and i compliment the guys at Ethos, Not For Climbing, Slackline Brothers, Asana, and SlacklineExpress for everything they do for the sport.

Wow... i should have started a new topic or started at some other time than a little past 4... anyway, HIGHLINE PICTURES: I heard recently that Metolious Shawn is trying to put a website together solely dedicated to highlining that should highlight his 200ft+ highline we recently finished rigging, and has a 6.3megapixel digi camera (high res enough??) with him. we are just awaiting the arrival of a close friend who could be the first to walk the line. until then, check out http://positiveresoles.com photo gallery or call the "team" at the number there. You can also reach metolious shawn at his account here (if you don't know what it is, maybe you shouldn't contact him...) to ask him about other pictures he has of himself and friends.

areyoumydude

Jun 26, 2004, 3:04 AM
Post #5 of 9 (2818 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
While there may be many slacklining companies out there claiming to be affiliated with highlining, not a single one has an "employee", or "sponsor", or anyone who can walk a highline.

Scott Balcom (the owner of Slack Daddy slackline tools) is the father of highlining. He did the first walk of the Lost Arrow Spire.
My partner and I at Not For Climbing slackline equipment have rigged multiple highlines. I have walked three this year.

Sorry to get off the subject and thanks for the info Joe.

Peace,

Larry

chilidogg

Jun 26, 2004, 7:23 PM
Post #6 of 9 (2818 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

your right, Scott's the man and i hope he's not joking when he mentions getting back on a highline again (he did walk lost arrow twice); i guess i didn't mention him since its been close to 20 years since the last time he walked one... his passion seems to be surfing his 9/16 (absolutely amazing!)

As for you Larry, if you're highlining, you should have walked with everyone at the PBB! but seriously, congrats... i didn't intend to diss you or not credit you... it's great hearing of more people getting out there and pushing limits, i'm way excited for you guys. hopefully we'll see you at another demonstration... good luck fellas...

slackdaddy

Jun 27, 2004, 9:26 PM
Post #7 of 9 (2818 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

chilidog,
Good to see you on-line, but to set the record staight, I did the Lost Arrow Spire the first time 19 years ago but the last time I did it was only nine years ago. That same year I also walked between the north and south Finns on Mt. Lemmon AZ. I'm not dead yet. As for Larry, he is currently very serious.

It takes many people to advance a sport like this. Everyone who pushes the bounderys becomes a stepping stone for the next. Larry is one of the most well rounded slackers I can think of, once he starts to take his bag of tricks up high, watch out. He could very easily be The Man to come.

Partner slacklinejoe

Jun 28, 2004, 4:06 AM
Post #8 of 9 (2818 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey, I just got back from a climbing trip and I've forward everyone's contact info to the magazine. I should have been more specific - it's "Men Active" which is essentially a German GQ magazine. I have no idea on the articles content or such and to be honest I think they are still working on the slant anyway.

They were looking for files for a 2 page wide spread, which requires ultra high resolution such as several MB minimum per photo. I never get files like that as I don't shoot with film and scan and I only have a 3.1 megapixel camera.

BUT on an actually related note... just in case someone is interested there have been a bunch of good slackline photos posted by various people in the last week on the photo gallery here. ... Go forth and rate and post up - :D

ammon

Jun 28, 2004, 5:33 AM
Post #9 of 9 (2818 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Whoooooooaaaaaaa!!

I was about to reply saying I have some really good high-res pics of a number of great slackliners.

BUT, I don't think I.... or anyone I've shot qualifies for the GQ spread. Haa haahaaaa....

Cheers, Ammon

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Slacklining

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook