Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Retaining wall in encinitas...
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

kindredhawk

Jun 27, 2004, 9:11 PM
Post #1 of 2 (1390 views)
Shortcut

Retaining wall in encinitas...  (North_America: United_States: California: San_Diego_County: Carlsbad_Boulders)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

:twisted: Anyone thought about climbing the retaining wall in Encinitas, CA behind the Borders in the new shopping center (The Forum) on El Camino Real and Calle Barcelona? Hell just set up a top rope anchor on the fence up top and unless the fence brakes it seems safe to me. Allthough I wonder if the cops would have a problem? :wink:

jon06

Dec 9, 2004, 12:12 AM
Post #2 of 2 (1390 views)
Shortcut

Re: Retaining wall in encinitas... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

My exgirlfriend used to work at that Boorders for about six months. I used to boulder around on it quite a bit. Have also thought the same thing about the top rope, but never got around to it. That wall is suprisingly difficult to climb for how featered it seems. But then agian, I was climbing it back when it was brand new and there was a lot of sharp grit.

I never got hassled for dicking around on it. Also some fun buildering in that shapping center. Try the chiminey on the tillies, and the crimpy real stone climb by the escalaters next to borders

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook