Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Climbing at Broken Bow lake?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

mrhungus

Jul 19, 2004, 8:09 PM
Post #1 of 7 (5389 views)
Shortcut

Climbing at Broken Bow lake?  (North_America: United_States: Texas: West_Texas: Hueco_Tanks_State_Historic_Site: North_Mountain: Mushroom_Boulder)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I know there is a pretty good size cliff at Broken Bow lake. Anybody ever climbed it, heard of climbing it??? (Broken Bow lake is the SE corner of OK.

rhu

Jul 20, 2004, 12:37 AM
Post #2 of 7 (5386 views)
Shortcut

Re: Climbing at Broken Bow lake? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

It is the entire SE corner of Oklahoma?!? How big is this lake? If you open it then close it... :righton:

superdiamonddave

Jul 20, 2004, 5:05 PM
Post #3 of 7 (5386 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Are you refering to the cliff behind the power station in the Beaver's Bend area? If you are, you will get busted by the rangers for trespassing. I got caught rappelling from that one during the late 1980's and luckily he let me and my brother off with just a warning.

As far as the lake goes, I have water skied most of the lake and I don't recall anything that looked that good, but I didn't see all of the coastline though.

mrhungus

Jul 20, 2004, 7:48 PM
Post #4 of 7 (5386 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
It is the entire SE corner of Oklahoma?!? How big is this lake? If you open it then close it... :righton:

This matter does not concern you rhu. Only those who know of or have been to Broken Bow lake. :evil: :evil:

mrhungus

Jul 20, 2004, 7:52 PM
Post #5 of 7 (5386 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Are you refering to the cliff behind the power station in the Beaver's Bend area? If you are, you will get busted by the rangers for trespassing. I got caught rappelling from that one during the late 1980's and luckily he let me and my brother off with just a warning.

As far as the lake goes, I have water skied most of the lake and I don't recall anything that looked that good, but I didn't see all of the coastline though.

It isn't the wall behind Beaver's Bend. I have just been told of a cliff that people jump from that is slightly overhanging and around 60-70ft. I don't know if it is climbable rock though. Thanks for the reply!

silkyerm

Sep 26, 2004, 9:13 PM
Post #6 of 7 (5386 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I have done some cliff diving off of one of the islands in the lake. The rock is crap from what I remember. It is some kind of shale and it is brittle and razor sharp. My uncle cut his finger and had to stitch it up himself because he didn't want to leave to go to the doctor (healed up just fine though. He's tougher than I am--but that's a little off topic isn't it.

bigfoot69

Aug 6, 2009, 4:10 PM
Post #7 of 7 (4279 views)
Shortcut

Re: [mrhungus] Climbing at Broken Bow lake? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

be careful in s.e. ok. i've been climbing there for over 12-13 years, own land with my own crag.do not tresspass , bad tings happen. climbing in s.e. is very secritive. good luck

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook