RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - Mountain States

Premier Sponsor:

aayla

Jul 26, 2004, 2:48 AM
Post #1 of 6 (1782 views)
Shortcut

Moving to Boulder
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hello,

I am moving to Boulder to go to school this fall. I am a 22 year old female rock climber, and I would really like to live with other rock climbers. I mostly sport climb and boulder, though I have done some trad and would like to do more. I am also an experienced gym employee/instructor. I am easy to get along with and pretty laid back as well. If you live in Boulder, and maybe need a new roommate or need a room and want to go in on a house with me, please email me at aayla103@hotmail.com. Also email me if you have questions or whatever.

Thanks!

Jackie

camlot

Jul 26, 2004, 3:36 AM
Post #2 of 6 (1782 views)
Shortcut

Re: Moving to Boulder [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi, that's cool. I was looking into an opportunity to move to Boulder CO (ultimately a place I would like to be near) to live and climb a lot. Unfortunately I just got a job in Santa Monica (based in Brooklyn NY at my sister's at the moment after just having finished a degree in the UK, and parents are in Japan, so not many places I can go to).

I've been climbing in the UK trad a lot in the past year in particular, but have been so for three years. Mainly on Grit in the Peak District, but also on all sorts of other rock in the UK from South to the vbery North. Have taken a single pitch award training to become an intructor that's only recongnised in the UK and some parts of Europe. Might be wrong.

Also 22 female, very laid back and friendly. Always up for a lot of climbing, but I'm not an overwhelmingly intense kind of person. But be happy to climb all day. It would be great if I found a job in Boulder, in order to live there and keep climbing as much as I can, plus many other outdoor activites. Then ice climb by winter.

I hope the room/house mate finding goes well. I would have loved to moved to Boulder and climb a lot. Still do even I already just got the job. I'll see if this is the one for me, and whether the climbing where I am is plentiful enough to keep me going.

Good luck

aayla

Jul 26, 2004, 6:12 PM
Post #3 of 6 (1782 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hey,

thats too bad (or hopefully good i guess, for you) that you are moving to santa monica instead, but oh well. I am really excited about boulder and checking out a new scene. hopefully i'll have someone cool to live with too. if things change, e-mail me and let me know.

: )

bouldereldo

Jul 26, 2004, 6:44 PM
Post #4 of 6 (1782 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Nooooooo! Don't do it, you're making a huge mistake! Just kidding, here is a recent opportunity I saw for a house in Boulder:
http://www.boards2go.com/boards/board.cgi?action=read&id=1090353979&user=mbrooks

also:

http://www.boards2go.com/boards/board.cgi?action=read&id=1090710289&user=mbrooks

The second one is W/ two guys, I know maybe not ideal but.........

aayla

Jul 27, 2004, 2:57 AM
Post #5 of 6 (1782 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks for the help!

I checked those guys out already. Also I have been talking to this other guy and the house we were looking at worked out, so I am no longer in the house market. However, we may have another room available if anyone else is. One guy climbs at least semi-regularly, and I'm not sure about the other. I climb as much as possible and would like another serious climber in the house. So if anyone is looking...

bouldereldo

Jul 30, 2004, 8:10 PM
Post #6 of 6 (1782 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Here ya go, this sounds more like what you're looking for:

http://www.boards2go.com/boards/board.cgi?action=read&id=1091219758&user=mbrooks

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - Mountain States

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook