Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Camping at Rumney with a Dog
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

akaijen

Jul 23, 2004, 11:49 PM
Post #1 of 7 (3932 views)
Shortcut

Camping at Rumney with a Dog  (North_America: United_States: New_Hampshire: Grafton_County: Rumney)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hi,

My dog sitter fell through and now I need to bring my dog on my trip to NH. We're going to kennel him in Manchester while we're at North Conway, but will keep him with us at Rumney.

I have a reservation at D Acres but they don't allow dogs so I need to cancel. Can anyone recommend a campground that will allow me to bring him? He's a beagle, so he stays on a leash. The pine place is pretty pricey - are the other campgrounds mentioned in this area ok?

Thanks for your help!
Jen

PS - I'm very sad to miss out on D Acres - they sound way nice on the phone.

risos

Jul 24, 2004, 1:59 AM
Post #2 of 7 (3932 views)
Shortcut

Re: Camping at Rumney with a Dog [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

As far as I know you can camp along the river on the other side of the crags. At least I camped there and nothing happened... besides its NH live fre or die right......

rumnewhamp

Jul 24, 2004, 2:57 AM
Post #3 of 7 (3932 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey I live in Holderness NH, and climb at Rummeny all the time. I'd be happy to house sit your dogg for a while. how long are you staying? D Acres is really nice.... i don't want you to miss out. I live about 10 minutes from the Rummeny Cliffs. Anyways if you feel like it, my number here is 603-536-1105. Glad to help. - Erin

aka

Jul 27, 2004, 1:58 PM
Post #4 of 7 (3932 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

My Wife and I were just up there this past weekend with our dog and we stayed at the baker river campground, no problems at all. It's a down and dirty rv/camping facility but it's a 8 minute drive to the parking lot and they have free showers if you dare!

chicanodoc

Jul 27, 2004, 3:21 PM
Post #5 of 7 (3932 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey nice to hear your visiting my old stomping grounds. Anyway, across the road from the large parking lot ( Parking lot Wall crag) there is a large field. This is owned by a really nice guy and his wife. He charges $5 a day and has no issues with dogs. He doesn't allow fires but you will manage. Eric
p.s. Hope you have good weather. :wink:

schooligan

Jul 27, 2004, 3:50 PM
Post #6 of 7 (3932 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yeah, the nice couple across the street from the main parking lot don't have a problem with dogs. They have some dogs, so if your dog is ok with others I am sure it will be fine. Also, I think they charge $7 per person per night to camp.

wonderwoman

Jul 27, 2004, 4:25 PM
Post #7 of 7 (3932 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Yeah, the nice couple across the street from the main parking lot don't have a problem with dogs. They have some dogs, so if your dog is ok with others I am sure it will be fine. Also, I think they charge $7 per person per night to camp.

Actually, the Camara's told us they don't allow dogs anymore due to insurance issues. Apparently they had a bad experience last summer or something and are very up front with their 'no dog' policy.

good luck finding someplace!

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook