RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Technique & Training

Premier Sponsor:

frawg

May 9, 2002, 12:55 PM
Post #1 of 5 (1677 views)
Shortcut

Pressure points on forearm.
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

So i'm all climbing around and junk..
My forearms are all huge and veiny. I'm so buff or whatever. Then I heard from somebody at the gym that there is a pressure point on your forearm somewhere, that when your arms get all like that and junk, you can push on it and it relieves it.. Anybody know where this point is located? He couldn't find it on my arm..
If this is true tho.. I could be climbing for hours at a time, rather than ust 2 hours before im totally jacked..

Peaze
Frawg

[ This Message was edited by: frawg on 2002-05-09 05:55 ]

rockrabbit

May 9, 2002, 2:35 PM
Post #2 of 5 (1677 views)
Shortcut

Pressure points on forearm. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Dude

I know that there is also a presure point on the feet, (reflexology) *sp or something like that. My wife is always going on about that stuff and it works well if somebody knows how to do it.

Rock on

lilred

May 9, 2002, 3:10 PM
Post #3 of 5 (1677 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Frawg...

Pressure points do help, but I'm guessing that the main reason you are getting pumped (aka penis arm-hard and full of blood) is due to lack up properly warming up and cooling down...by doing a few SUPER easy problems or routes before climbing the hard stuff, you are "warming up" your muscles. This increases circulation, and gets the blood flowing. I usually warm up for a good 30 minutes. (I never stretch during warming up, as it weakens my muscles...plus, you should never stretch a cold muscle)...after climbing, cooling down keeps the blood from getting "stuck" in your muscles, which causes that all too familiar pumped feeling. Follow cooling down with a TON of stretching, which improves flexibility and prevents all sorts of injuries...
OK...Pressure points...
The following point's stimulation promotes circulation, eases muscle tension, and stimulates the body's inherent healing ability, making it ideal for people who have arm tension and aches

1. Swamp of the Curve (LI 11)
Bend your arm so your palm faces your chest. The point is at the outer end of the elbow crease.

2. Third Mile (LI 10)
From LI 11, draw an imaginary line to your thumb. The point is 3 finger widths down this line. Feel the area for the most tender point.

3. Outer Marsh (LU 5)
Make a fist, bending your elbow slightly. The point is at the elbow crease on the outer side of the tendon.

4. Bottom of the Valley (LI 4)
The point is at the highest spot of the muscle between the thumb and index finger when they are brought close together. Caution: do not use this point if you are pregnant.

5. Inner Gate (PC 6) and Outer Pass (TW5)
TW 5 is on the outer forearm, 3 finger widths up from the wrist crease and midway between the two long arm bones. PC 6 is exactly opposite, on the inner forearm between the two tendons.

6. Great Mound (PC 7)
At the midpoint of the inner wrist crease, between the two tendons.

7. Energy Pool (TW 4)
The point is in the hollow at the center of the wrist crease, on the back surface of the hand.

8. Marsh at the Crook (PC 3)
Make a fist, bending your elbow slightly. The point is at the elbow crease on the inner side of the tendon

Make sure you hold all points for 2-3 minutes...this should NOT be painfull!
all info re: points from kathy wong

Hope this helps!
-M

frawg

May 9, 2002, 11:51 PM
Post #4 of 5 (1677 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

LILRED-

That's a lot to take in. I had to print it out.. but i'm marking these on my skin so i can remember them! Thanks for the info, you rock!

Peaze,
frawg

jdcox_9

May 15, 2002, 3:44 AM
Post #5 of 5 (1677 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

owwww that hurts

how in the world does something so painful help your climbing

or am i doing it wrong?

Forums : Climbing Information : Technique & Training

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook