RSS FeedRSS Feeds for International

Premier Sponsor:

alicew

Aug 9, 2004, 1:56 PM
Post #1 of 3 (1352 views)
Shortcut

Geneva/Chamonix
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I have just moved to Geneva; will be working here for the next year. I am looking for people to climb with, either at a climbing wall or in Chamonix, Leysin or pretty much anywhere accessible from Geneva. I don't have a car but will contribute towards travel expenses, or else go by public transport.

Please email me if you want to meet for a climb: alicelwood@doctors.org.uk

Thank you
Alice

abinator

Aug 9, 2004, 6:56 PM
Post #2 of 3 (1352 views)
Shortcut

Re: Geneva/Chamonix [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Alice,

I just put up a post a couple days before your's. I'll be in the area for a week or two sometime between early September to mid October. I'm getting a Eurorail pass for that time, so traveling by train wouldn't be a problem, and I'd be willing to take buses or what ever they have over there to get to more precise destinations.
I don't know the area real well yet, but I'd be willing to climb about anything over there as long as it isn't to much over my head. I like all aspect of climbing ice, trad, sport, bouldering. I just need to know what kind of equipment I would need to bring. I just don't want to be weighted down with useless stuff during my travelings.
Reply if your interested at all,
thanks a bunch
Abbott

alicew

Aug 10, 2004, 11:35 AM
Post #3 of 3 (1352 views)
Shortcut

Re: Geneva/Chamonix [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yes am interested. In the Chamonix area it is mostly sports routes so need rope, quickdraws, a few slings etc but not trad climbing gear. I don't have rope or quickdraws as yet but might by then! There are some areas within either walking or short train ride distance from Chamonix. Let me know when your plans are clearer - email directly to alicelwood@doctors.org.uk

Forums : Climbing Partners : International

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook