Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Last Minute to the Red River Gorge / Wanna Climb
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

rokshoxbkr19

Aug 12, 2004, 4:58 AM
Post #1 of 7 (1853 views)
Shortcut

Last Minute to the Red River Gorge / Wanna Climb  (North_America: United_States: Kentucky: East: Red_River_Gorge__Climbing_)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey everyone,
East Coast weather is keeping me from climbing in the Dacks, so a quick change of direction is bringing me down to the Red all the way from PA. I will be there late tonight and climb all day Friday and Saturday. I could use some cool people to climb and chill with. Does anyone feel like extending a welcome and showing a Red River virgin around?

Erock

lordjim

Aug 12, 2004, 5:18 AM
Post #2 of 7 (1853 views)
Shortcut

Re: Last Minute to the Red River Gorge / Wanna Climb [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

We'll assume that you are staying at Miguel's and if thats the case you shouldn't have any problem finding someone to show you around. Just let them know what you can do and you'll be fine.

edit: Ok so I'll update this a bit. The weather isn't really good no so I hope you like overhanging sport routes as those will be the ones that are the driest. Hit the Motherload if you can do 11+ to 13s. If not then Torrent Falls would be good as well. Also slide on over to redriverclimbing.com and fish for a partner. Everyone there willing to help a guy out.

dredsovrn

Aug 12, 2004, 2:03 PM
Post #3 of 7 (1853 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Trying to help my buddy out here. I regularly climb with Eric (Rokshoxbkr19) and was not able to make our planned trip when the heavens opened up and poured rain on the east coast. When the trip changed from the Gunks to the Red, I had to bail.

Anyhow, he is on his way now and looking for a partner to hit up some trad. He is a solid trad leader, and focused belayer. A good partner for the next few days if someone is looking. PM me and I will give you his cell number so you can get in contact with him.

dredsovrn

Aug 12, 2004, 4:35 PM
Post #4 of 7 (1853 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I figured I would give it one more shot. He should be there in a few hours. He's a good guy and a good climbing partner (i.e. not a serial killer). PM me and I will put you in touch with him. Looking for a partner for Friday and/or Saturday. Maybe Sunday morning too.

dredsovrn

Aug 12, 2004, 6:58 PM
Post #5 of 7 (1853 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Probably at Miguel's by now. Let me know if you want a contact phone number.

redpointron

Aug 12, 2004, 7:31 PM
Post #6 of 7 (1853 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hey eric...and dred....

i would love to come down and show you around but i got to be at the fire station tomorrow. by the time i could get down there on saturday, i would bet you had somebody already giving you a tour. if you are out of luck, p.m. tomorrow and i will see about making the trip down on saturday.

r.r.

p.s. i was just out near gettysburg for 2 weeks, looking for someone to show me governors stable and the yuengling brewery... :wink:

dredsovrn

Aug 12, 2004, 7:37 PM
Post #7 of 7 (1853 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Did you have any luck getting to Governors Stable? Not really a good time of year to go there. If you get out this way again, let me know.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook