Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Bolts on Wallface
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

bunniebear

Aug 30, 2004, 6:10 PM
Post #1 of 3 (2646 views)
Shortcut

Bolts on Wallface  (North_America: United_States: New_York: Adirondack_park: Wallface)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey,

Planning to do Diagonal and more this long weekend. I know that the rappell for Diagonal is a difficult one combining traversing and shifty rap stations... I saw a reference to new bolts being placed for the rappell of this route and am wondering if anyone has some more info...

Cheers,

ap

rkclmbr

Aug 30, 2004, 6:22 PM
Post #2 of 3 (2646 views)
Shortcut

Re: Bolts on Wallface [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Planning to do Diagonal and more this long weekend. I know that the rappell for Diagonal is a difficult one combining traversing and shifty rap stations... I saw a reference to new bolts being placed for the rappell of this route and am wondering if anyone has some more info...

I did this a few years ago, so someone jump in if things have changed.

The easiest rappel route is straight down from the top of the ramp. Rap from the top of the route to the top of the ramp. Then rap straight down to a big ledge where you may have to search a bit to find the anchors (I don't remember if this was a bolt anchor or trees). From the ledge it's one more rap to the ground (you may have to do it in two if you don't have a 60m rope).

I've heard a lot of stories of people trying to bail from partway up the ramp and having heinous rappel problems. The ramp is easy so it is much faster to climb to the top of the ramp and then rappel.

Have fun!

microbdcamalot

Aug 30, 2004, 6:48 PM
Post #3 of 3 (2646 views)
Shortcut

Re: Bolts on Wallface [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

pm me if you need a climbing partner. i live down the road.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook