Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
D.L. Bliss State Park
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

scuclimber

Sep 3, 2004, 3:21 AM
Post #1 of 4 (3457 views)
Shortcut

D.L. Bliss State Park  (North_America: United_States: California: Lake_Tahoe: DL_Bliss_State_Park)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey Guys,

I'm going camping with the fam at Meeks Bay this weekend and I was hoping to get some bouldering in. Checked the routes DB and searched the forums and there wasn't that much info about it, so what's the 411? I know the location of the park because my parents live in the Auburn area and I've driven along the west shore of the Lake many times, but how and where are the problems there? What's the approach like? Where exactly do you park? Etc etc. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Colin

tahoe_rock_master

Sep 3, 2004, 4:13 AM
Post #2 of 4 (3457 views)
Shortcut

Re: D.L. Bliss State Park [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I have friends who have been there before, and they said it was REALLY good, unfortunately I never went with them :cry: so I all I can tell you is that you can either park inside the park, or you might be able to park on the side of the road. Some of the good stuff is on the side of the road. I'll call my friends and hope fully get back to you!!!

Matt

mrfantastic

Sep 3, 2004, 6:34 AM
Post #3 of 4 (3457 views)
Shortcut

Re: D.L. Bliss State Park [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey, me and my friends are going up to Tahoe this weekend to do some climbing. We're also going to be staying at Meeksbay camp site :-D (number 30). Maybe we should hook up, I know one of my friends is probably going to bring his crash pad. One of the days we're going to hit up 90 Foot Wall at Emerald Bay and do some top-roping, and I'm trying to find a good place to do some bouldering another day. I read the beta for the Pie Shop in South Shore but that is kinda far and it would be nice if we could hit up DL Bliss since it's closer.

climbthemrocks

Sep 13, 2008, 2:52 AM
Post #4 of 4 (2187 views)
Shortcut

Re: [scuclimber] D.L. Bliss State Park [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I climbed there, FINALLY!, for the first time about two weeks ago. as for approach, it is about a 30 second hike from your car (ok, maybe a bit more, but super easy, and can be done in flip flops). According to "Lake Tahoe Bouldering" by Kevin Swift and Chris McNamara (I want to give credit where deserved!): From south tahoe: "at the Eagle Falls trailehead (on the south side of the road) zero your odometer. In 1.8 miles you will come to the parking for south Bliss at the first sandy roadcut you come to. From North Thoe, zero your odometer at the meek's bay fire station at 4.6 miles, you'll see the North Bliss parking area with an electrical box..." It's A+ quality rock, and a huge variety... Middle Bliss "is the best that Bliss has to offer. If you boulder V6 or less, you'll be well served here, and probably go home with your tips looking medium-rarte. You can construct a fantastic circuit of moderates here, and all the landings are great." (p106).
Again, I have only been there once, but loved it, nobody there, quality rock, and perfect temps...

Hope this is helpful, let us know what you think when you get back!!

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook