RSS FeedRSS Feeds for World Climbing News

Premier Sponsor:

fiend

May 17, 2002, 8:17 PM
Post #1 of 1 (1124 views)
Shortcut

R&I bought out by Climbing?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  

Thanks to Frank Miles for pointing this out from rec.climbing:

Rock and Ice magazine based in Boulder, Colorado has been sold. For the last five years Dougald MacDonald has been at helm of this increasingly glossy and successful climbing magazine. MacDonald and a group of investors bought the magazine off George Bracksiack, the magazines founder.

The buyers? None other than Duane Raleigh, the publisher and Quent Williams the production manager of the Carbondale (Colorado) based Climbing magazine. Both Raleigh and Williams recently resigned from
Climbing magazine.

The new Rock and Ice magazine will be based in Carbondale, opposite the offices of Climbing magazine and it looks like there will be an exodus of Climbing magazine staff across the road to join their old
boss, Duanne Raleigh .

The first defection was Tyler Stableford, Climbing's photo-editor who will now be the editor at Rock and Ice. Unfortunately most of the staff at the old Rock and Ice are now unemployed, and the future of Climbing magazine, once owned by climber Michael Kennedy but now owned by the media-giant PrimeMedia is assured, but a little murky.

Forums : Archive : World Climbing News

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook