First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

arrettinator

Oct 14, 2004, 1:46 AM
Post #1 of 173 (2634 views)
Shortcut

Your thoughts on the debate/Gun Control
Report this Post
Can't Post

Bush needs to stop trying to crack jokes.
It's killing him.
He was doing good for the first two questions till he started trying to be funny.

Edited title because the thread turned into a gun show.

fecalquisinart

Oct 14, 2004, 1:59 AM
Post #2 of 173 (2634 views)
Shortcut

Re: Watching the debate right now. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

yeh, but the crack about the major media network WAS funny...especially since the moderator works for CBS. :lol:

Partner tgreene

Oct 14, 2004, 3:00 AM
Post #3 of 173 (2634 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I agree w/ arrettinator, and I also felt that the crack geared towards CBS was a low blow that was entirely out of line. :?

That said, Kerry made a flip~flop of insurmountable proportions tonight, and it's gonna cost him in a huge way!

On the issue of gay marraige (aside from dragging Cheney's daughter into it), he mentioned that he would never do anything to alter or violate the Constitution... not the 1st Amendment, nor the 5th Amendment. Later on, when asked about the sunsetting of the weapons ban (a misnomer btw), he claimed that he is a hunter, but also stated emphatically that NOBODY needed to have an AK47 (buzz word)... So while saying he supports the Constitution wholey as it is, and wouldn't change a thing, he later said he supported the raping of the 2nd Amendment and completey supports the weapons ban as enacted in 94!

If you're a firearms owner, take note that Kerry has every intention of once again stripping away your rights that were just restored, after being unconstitutionally stripped away 10 years ago by the last democratic administration!!!! :evil:

Also keep in mind, that Kerry is one of the leading supporters of the Feinstein bill on a Federal level. An identical version of this particular bill, has completely outlawed many weapons types in California, and is the most restrictive gun bill ever to be written.

arrettinator

Oct 14, 2004, 3:03 AM
Post #4 of 173 (2634 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I thought it made him look pretty dumb.
I thought he had a rythem going, but lost it with the failed humor.

Kerry had a bad start, seeming as though he wasn't ready to answer questions on security. By the third question Kerry was back to his calm debate self.
Bush seemed frazzled at times again, mainly trying to find an opportunity to throw a bad "liberal" pun.
I think Bush would have rolled Kerry if he wouldn't have, or should I say his people wouldn't have had him trying to paint Kerry as a "mean and nasty liberal".

He had a grasp and Kerry seemed off his game, but Kerry caught his composure and continued that through the rest of the debate.
I think at worst for Kerry it was a tie but again, to me, Kerry was stronger than Bush. In no way did Bush win.
But that's probably because Bush's wife is the better public speaker. :roll:

wonderwoman

Oct 14, 2004, 3:04 AM
Post #5 of 173 (2634 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
If you're a firearms owner, take note that Kerry has every intention of once again stripping away your rights that were just restored, after being unconstitutionally stripped away 10 years ago by the last democratic administration!!!! :evil:

Yes! Yes! You have just inspired me to go join a militia!

arrettinator

Oct 14, 2004, 3:10 AM
Post #6 of 173 (2634 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Edit: My post got messed up.

It only included the quote.

Anyway, this post is supposed to say

Tim, you are full of shit and you know it.
Your "rhetoric" is a bunch of bull.
Bush "said" he supports the same ban.
He just wouldn't push for it to not expire because he needs the gun totin' one issue voters on his side.
So, what's your issue? :wink:

Partner tgreene

Oct 14, 2004, 3:11 AM
Post #7 of 173 (2634 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

80 million Americans take this very seriously, and as a competitive shooter, I am 1 of them!

arrettinator

Oct 14, 2004, 3:16 AM
Post #8 of 173 (2634 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
80 million Americans take this very seriously, and as a competitive shooter, I am 1 of them!
So an AK is used in competitions?
What, do they throw a whole box of targets out at once and see how many you can hit in 2 seconds? (note the sarcasm)

arrettinator

Oct 14, 2004, 3:23 AM
Post #9 of 173 (2634 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Oh, and the NRA wouldn't even back Bush until finally today.

It's funny how they paint Kerry and Edwards as anti-gun but the facts show otherwise. edit: at least for Kerry. I don't really know about Edwards.

Oh, and Kerry isn't that liberal. I don't understand that attacking point.

wonderwoman

Oct 14, 2004, 3:27 AM
Post #10 of 173 (2634 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

No, Kerry needs the guns... How else will he

"Hunt down the terrorist where they are and kill them"

like he said (650 times).

vertical_reality

Oct 14, 2004, 3:31 AM
Post #11 of 173 (2634 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

Are you referring to the assualt weapons ban? I thought you said that it didn't actually ban anything? So whats the big deal if it's reinstated?

wpy71

Oct 14, 2004, 3:47 AM
Post #12 of 173 (2634 views)
Shortcut

Re: Watching the debate right now. What are your thoughts [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

The best summary I have read so far:

In reply to:
John Kerry: “Whatever you need, it’s yours. Need a job? You got it. Need a higher living wage? Done. Need cheap, universal healthcare? I’m your man. Need a better education? Have at it, paid in full. Relying on social security for your retirement? I’ll put it in a lock box. Tax relief? I can give you that, too. Want to lose your virginity to a teenage Mexicali hooker and a donkey? I’ll print coupons. And the best part is, every single one of my plans comes with free cole slaw and a plate of homestyle biscuits!” George Bush: “Anybody who believes this guy can deliver on even one percent of his promises deserves four years of John F’n Kerry. God bless, and good night.”

Partner tgreene

Oct 14, 2004, 4:00 AM
Post #13 of 173 (2634 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Are you referring to the assualt weapons ban? I thought you said that it didn't actually ban anything? So whats the big deal if it's reinstated?
Kerry was absolutely in favor of the ban. Bush had the where-with-all to simply sign a reauthorization, but wouldn't do it!

Now, the new bill that is sitting in the Senate, would ban all rifle amunition, all semi-automatic weapons (including semi handguns and shotguns), and would essentially be a clone of the British and Australian bans...

As for AK's in competitions..? Yep, they clearly exist, but not nearly as much as the #1 competition rifle, the AR-15! There is a reason that AK's and UZI's are often mentioned by anti-gunners, yet the highly popular AR's and HK's are rarely if ever mentioned...

BTW: The point I ws making with the flip, was that in one breath, Kerry claimed to never want to touch the Constitution, yet in another he supported the raping of the 2nd. Just something to ponder. :evil:

Partner philbox

Oct 14, 2004, 4:03 AM
Post #14 of 173 (2634 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Test post, sorry to intrude.

the_pirate

Oct 14, 2004, 4:03 AM
Post #15 of 173 (2634 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

What do you call a thousand blond lesbians with assault rifles?

Millitia Etheridge

vertical_reality

Oct 14, 2004, 4:05 AM
Post #16 of 173 (2634 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
BTW: The point I ws making with the flip, was that in one breath, Kerry claimed to never want to touch the Constitution, yet in another he supported the raping of the 2nd. Just something to ponder. :evil:

Thats like saying the FCC rapes the first ammendment.

jumpingrock

Oct 14, 2004, 4:14 AM
Post #17 of 173 (2634 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Ya there are some wackiness issues going on right now.

Our resident Admin (Phil) is working feverishly to get everything back on track!

wpy71

Oct 14, 2004, 4:14 AM
Post #18 of 173 (2634 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
^That post was by arrettinator, as is this one.
Does anyone else see problems w/ the posts.

Yes, I posted once, then there are three posts after mine I didn't make.

arrettinator

Oct 14, 2004, 4:15 AM
Post #19 of 173 (2634 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

test post.
Is it me this time?
now my post count is gonna be screwed up. :lol:

scottcody

Oct 14, 2004, 4:16 AM
Post #20 of 173 (2634 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
^That post was by arrettinator, as is this one.
Does anyone else see problems w/ the posts.
hmmmm
who am I

benpullin

Oct 14, 2004, 4:41 AM
Post #21 of 173 (2634 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

An assault weapons ban has nothing to do with amending the Constitution.

Not being able to buy military-intended assault weapons is hardly a "raping" of the 2nd Amendment.

Remember: it's Bush who wants to amend the Constitution with respect to gay marriage.

prufrock

Oct 14, 2004, 6:19 AM
Post #22 of 173 (2634 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

That is NOT a flip-flop, tgreene. Man you guys are good at staying no message. Any time you disagree with Kerry its a flip-flop. Orwellian control of language, that.

In reality, you and Kerry just disagree. No flip-flop in sight.

And that one isn't going to cost him -- the NRA vote was a lost cause to begin with.

bumblie

Oct 14, 2004, 12:18 PM
Post #23 of 173 (2634 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm always impressed at how well talks out of both sides of his mouth.

"I'm a Catholic, but I'm in favor of allowing abortions. Even as Pesident of the United States, it's none of my business. :wink:

"I believe that marriage is between a man and a woman, but I'll go on and o, insinuating that I'm for gay marriage. :wink:

bumblie

Oct 14, 2004, 12:30 PM
Post #24 of 173 (2634 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Oh, and Kerry isn't that liberal. I don't understand that attacking point.

There are numerous sites on the web that rank the conservative/liberal leaning of Senators, based solely on their voting records. The ones I've seen put Kerry and Edwards waaaaay over on the left.

Actions speak louder than words, but apparently his words (during this campaign season) have convinced you that he's not the ultra-liberal that his voting record indicates.

Partner tgreene

Oct 14, 2004, 12:42 PM
Post #25 of 173 (2634 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

An assault weapons ban has nothing to do with amending the Constitution.

Not being able to buy military-intended assault weapons is hardly a "raping" of the 2nd Amendment.

Remember: it's Bush who wants to amend the Constitution with respect to gay marriage.

1) Banning something that is specifically allowed under the Constitution, is a direct violation of it, and the 2nd isn't about hunting!

2) Violation = Rape

3) I'm against ANYONE making changes to the Constitution, and when Bush sought to do so, I began to consider 3rd party candidates.

Imagine if tomorrow; a law were passed that made it illegal to climb on any public lands, to own any trad gear, and the production of new caribiners and ropes was specifically outlawed... Also consider that attempted smuggling of gear from outside the US could be met with severe criminal penalties of up to 25 years in prison.

Now imagine that a bill to further ban "grandfathered" climbing gear was quietly allowed to slip through and become law. A law which makes you a felon by not turning in all of your hard earned gear by a certain date. This new law is aimed at disallowing anyone from climbing, and in doing so, turns millions of climbers of all types into instant felons overnight! This is exactly what the Feinstein bill has already done to firearms owners in California, and an even broader bill is currently sitting in Washington, and it's a bill in which Kerry strongly supports!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook