RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Gear Heads

Premier Sponsor:

aj_77

Oct 18, 2004, 3:10 PM
Post #1 of 2 (1092 views)
Shortcut

Petzl Corax Fit
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hi-

I just got a Petzl Corax harness. My old harness was a Petzl Corvus (Size M). Anyway, I the shop assured me that I was a size 1. But now, I am not so sure. Since this harness has two front buckles, should these buckles be over the padded ends of the harness? Mine fits with the buckles just past the padding. My waist size is 32~33 inches and my thigh size is 20~21 inches. This is without layers of clothing. So when I emailed petzl, they said that I was a size 2. Most of the climbing I do is outdoor sport routes, but I occasionally use my harness for mountaineering (repelling and roping up etc). Should I get a size 2 instead? Also I just found out about the Adjama, should I consider exchanging the Corax for an Adjama?

Thanks, Andrew

dynosore

Oct 18, 2004, 3:14 PM
Post #2 of 2 (1092 views)
Shortcut

Re: Petzl Corax Fit [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I am 33 in. waist, and 20 in thigh. I bought the size 2, online, and cinched all the way down the leg loops could stand to be a little tighter. The waist is tight, but I have about 8 inches of loose strap to on each side before I outgrow it :shock: If I had to do it over again, I would definitely opt for size 1.

Another Andrew

Forums : Climbing Information : Gear Heads

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook