Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
looking for potrero update...
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

stewbabby

Oct 19, 2004, 8:22 AM
Post #1 of 6 (1933 views)
Shortcut

looking for potrero update...  (North_America: Mexico: Nuevo_Le_n: El_Potrero_Chico)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Have there been any new long routes put up at the potrero... I think last years guide said that there were plans to extend Jungle Mtneering and Stairway to Nowhere....

*thriller*
Deleted

Oct 19, 2004, 8:30 AM
Post #2 of 6 (1933 views)
Shortcut

Re: looking for potrero update... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

PM potreroed

he's the one setting a good number of the routes that go up there. He's not online all the time, so he may not notice this thread and it may take him a while to get back to you though.

While I don't know if any are long multipitches or not, he did say to me in a pm "Spread the word: there are lots of new routes going in this summer!! "

-Ian

nsintros

Oct 19, 2004, 8:59 AM
Post #3 of 6 (1933 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I was there in August and there was a route i think it was called time wave zero that was ~24 pitches that was relatively new i think.if i remember right this route was mostly 5.9 pitches with a few 5.10's and a 5.12. the .12 supposedly has real close bolts and can be "french freed" if you aren't at that level of climbing. there was also a trad route that was ~44 pitches i think call the scariest ride in the park. the name apparently comes form the fact that the pro is sketchy. there were a couple other long routes but i can't remember their names and my friend has the guide book so i can't look them up.

potreroed

Oct 19, 2004, 10:48 AM
Post #4 of 6 (1933 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

There is a new 16 pitch route called Devotion put up by Alex Catlin that starts near the Pride wall and goes all the way to the summit. It has lots of 5.11.

There is a new 4 pitch route in Los Lobos called Will the Wolf Survive? which should see lots of action this year because it starts just below where Estrellita descends.

I'm also finishing up a new 6 pitch line on the Mota wall which will top out on the other side of the Snott Girls pinnacle (one pitch to go). This one has some real hand jamming and has lots of hard 5.10.

The season seems to be starting early this year--there's climbers here now from Canada, USA, Britain, Spain, Soiuth Africa, Germany.

More news: Tami will be opening a Cafe and souvenier shop in a few weeks right amongst all the campgrounds. See ya' there!!!

There are also lots of new short routes--especially in the Virgin canyon.

*thriller*
Deleted

Oct 19, 2004, 11:02 AM
Post #5 of 6 (1933 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Sounds great - I'll be there on December 28th - I've already got my tickets! Now i just have to make it through the next 2 months of working for a living...

-Ian

imcd

Nov 28, 2004, 3:54 PM
Post #6 of 6 (1933 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I can't wait to check it out, my girlfreind and I are driving from British Columbia and will be staying for a good month or so.
Ian

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$205.16 (10% off)
$53.96 (10% off)
$2.25 (10% off)
$62.06 (10% off)

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook