RSS FeedRSS Feeds for International

Premier Sponsor:

peta

May 26, 2002, 10:29 AM
Post #1 of 3 (960 views)
Shortcut

Where in Capetown???
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'm in Capetown with no gear...where can I either hire some gear, or find someone to take me climbing!!!

stigonrock

May 26, 2002, 10:51 AM
Post #2 of 3 (960 views)
Shortcut

Where in Capetown??? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Peta

Theres a climbing store at 'MeCamp and Climb' 6 Pepper Street, CapeTown or try 'Orca Industries' 3 Bowwood Rd, Claremonth, Capetown. Well there was when I was there back in 98. Try asking there and stick an ad up for climbing partners.

The crags tend to stay quiet in the week around Capetown but there are a couple of good sports crags called 'The Mine' and 'The Silvermine'. Try driving out there on a weekend and Im sure you will find some climbers to hook up with. Or alternatively take a hike up table mountain. Theres a lot of multi-pitch trad routes. You might find a few groups there.

Last but not least, try PM'ing Rocmonkey. He's a real friendly dude and Im sure he can help you out.

Happy climbing dude and watch out for those damm baboons at 'The Mine'. Scared me shitless when I was working this route and one scampered at the rock and sat 20 feet away from me eying me up...whoah!

Stig

crazee

May 26, 2002, 1:11 PM
Post #3 of 3 (960 views)
Shortcut

Where in Capetown??? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi
I live and climb in Cape Town , so I thought that I may be of some use . One of the best places you could buy gear and get advice is Mountain Mail Order , it is a home run store situated in Hout Bay that is way larger and better than any other climbing stores in Cape Town , it is owned by a very nice and experianced man named Dave Davies .

So far as good crags , 2 of the best are Silvermine and Skoorsteenskop . Buy a guide book by Guy Holwill called Western Cape Crags , all addresses and routes are in this book . Contact me if you need any more help .
Cheers
\

[ This Message was edited by: crazee on 2002-05-26 06:29 ]

Forums : Climbing Partners : International

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook