Forums: Climbing Partners: Canada:
Anybody interested in climbing and caving on Van Island?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Canada

Premier Sponsor:

mabelobaba

May 29, 2002, 9:52 PM
Post #1 of 8 (2202 views)
Shortcut

Anybody interested in climbing and caving on Van Island?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Im always looking for partners for moutaineering, caving, and sport climbing. I have all the gear, Im willing to share my knowledge of caving on vancouver island, (big secrete caves, some with 8 km plus of underground passage, chambers as long as football feilds, lots of rappeling and totally vertical rope ascension etc. Im looking to climb mt baker and peaks around lower mainland this summer as well I have 4 daYS Off a week fri to monday lets hook up

wetrocks

May 30, 2002, 5:18 AM
Post #2 of 8 (2202 views)
Shortcut

Anybody interested in climbing and caving on Van Island? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Well you don't say ! Sounds like you've got the same sorta plans I've got. I tried to do King's Peak 2 weeks ago but got snowed out so we spent the week climbing at Crest Creek. My usual partner (the more experienced one) has taken off for 5 months and we were also planning to do Mt Baker this summer. Come July/August I've got 5 days off a week so I've got a list that needs some tick marks...ever looked into doing Nahmint Mountain...looks fun. Anyhow we should meet up sometime, I'm into caves...though haven't done much cause it's hard to find a partner to take...problem could be solved. Going back to the Elk River Valley soon....interested?
Cheers

mabelobaba

May 31, 2002, 12:41 AM
Post #3 of 8 (2202 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Great yes I would be interested in going to elk river I whent there before and climbed rambler peak when I was younger. I would like to do colenel foster (I read its one of the most difficult on the island to climb) we should hook up. Im about a half hour from courtney I have fri to mondays off, my email is mabelobaba@hotmail.com and my phone is 250 757-9628 we should meet for coffee and discus plans

beyond_gravity

Jun 2, 2002, 4:51 PM
Post #4 of 8 (2202 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm booked for long beach July 26-29 (I think). I'm going to Horne Lake to do caving. If your avalible before or after the 26-29 i'd be more then happy to get some hardcore caving in!

mabelobaba

Jun 2, 2002, 11:55 PM
Post #5 of 8 (2202 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Sure yes id be willing to take you to horne lake my house is right near there I myself really dont consider the horne lake caves "hardcore" they are still worth going in for first timers they are tourist caves and hundreds of people visit them a year for really hardcore and caves that have not been damaged you need to visit the ones that are kept hidden.

topher

Jun 6, 2002, 5:27 AM
Post #6 of 8 (2202 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hey i would like to try caving, ive never done it but it looks fun. i am also planing on baker this summer (whats with all these van island boys doing baker). I climb at comox lake alot and crest creek. my Partner from cambell river also wants to try caving.

mabelobaba

Jun 6, 2002, 8:38 PM
Post #7 of 8 (2202 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Sure lets hook up. Im guessing you live in the courtney cambell river area. the best caves on the island are not far from there. My email is mabelobaba@hotmail.com My phone # is 250 757-9628 Im very eager to climb baker I whent there last summer for a hike and took photos. I think everybody likes it because it is the most accesible peak over 10 000 feet in the lower mainland area. The trail to the mountain is supper well maintained and its a easy hike in

beyond_gravity

Jun 7, 2002, 4:42 AM
Post #8 of 8 (2202 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm aculey going on the "underground extreme" caving tour thingy...I've been caving in the other 2 caves before, but never been into riverbend cave.

Forums : Climbing Partners : Canada

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook