Forums: Climbing Partners: Canada:
Nova Scotia Partners
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Canada

Premier Sponsor:

blackaven

Aug 4, 2001, 11:34 PM
Post #1 of 17 (8630 views)
Shortcut

Nova Scotia Partners  (North_America: United_States: Puerto_Rico: Center_Region: Ciales: Ciales)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

hey,
I just got into this sport and I'm hooked already
now I just need a fellow nova scotian to climb with, hehe
I'm also the manager for the Nova Scotia section of this site and I'd like to get some input from other climbers in the area

[ This Message was edited by: blackaven on 2001-08-04 16:36 ]

flail

Oct 29, 2002, 5:17 AM
Post #2 of 17 (8628 views)
Shortcut

Nova Scotia Partners [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I would climb with you as a fellow bluenoser
but I'm in western canada for the next few years climbing some totaly awsome stuff.
from the rockies to Powell River.
climb on

granite_grrl

Oct 30, 2002, 2:44 AM
Post #3 of 17 (8628 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hmm, it seems that the east coasters on this site are all away from that place where we call home.

I'm from Halifax, and I'll be going back there just before christmas. I'm looking forward to seeing the GZ crew again and getting out to try some chilly bouldering.

tradaddict

Oct 30, 2002, 2:54 AM
Post #4 of 17 (8628 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yup, we're all displaced Maritimers. I'm in Montreal, but Saint John use to be home. The climbing around Saint John sucks, but paddling in Reversing Falls is killer.

jipstyle

May 28, 2003, 8:05 PM
Post #5 of 17 (8628 views)
Shortcut

have rope, need someone to hold it [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Here's a bump for the thread ... :) ... I've been transplanted to NS, and am training at the new cave in DalPlex ... anyone who has a car and needs a belay monkey, feel free to post / mesg me. :)

climbingcanuck

May 29, 2003, 2:42 AM
Post #6 of 17 (8628 views)
Shortcut

Re: have rope, need someone to hold it [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

hmmm same deal with me.....got the gear just no way there. But if you ever wanna climb or boulder gimmie a shout

granite_grrl

May 30, 2003, 1:42 AM
Post #7 of 17 (8628 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

jipstyle and climbingcanuck, what are the chances that you're able to climb during weekdays? I'm going back home (halifax) for the first week and a bit of July and with all my friend's and family at work during week days I figure I'm going to get very very board. If either are keen get back to me to let me figure out what gear I should bring back with me (I was just going to take the shoes, harness, and some slings, but I have more gear than that that I could bring).

jipstyle

May 30, 2003, 4:10 AM
Post #8 of 17 (8628 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Granite grrl: I can climb anytime. :)

My work is all contract based, so I get to choose when I work ... generally, I choose to work when it is raining. ;) I have a 60m rope, about a half dozen draws, and various belay devices, and personal climbing stuff (shoes, harness, etc.)) ... bring anything else you think you might need. I'm in the market for a crashpad, but haven't bought one yet.

And definitely let me know when you get here. :D

climbingcanuck

May 31, 2003, 12:34 AM
Post #9 of 17 (8628 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I can totally climb then! Schools out the 19th of June so after that we can go hit up eagles nest or Terrance bay or whatever you want. I got a 60m rope ,harness,shoes, loads of webbing, slings , ATC so just bring your personal gear and I think we can take care of the rest

granite_grrl

Jun 1, 2003, 2:45 PM
Post #10 of 17 (8628 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Nice, like I said I'll be home the beginning of July. I'll accually be flying in the weekend before that (June 27th maybe), but I'll then be driving to PEI to party it up with some people working there. I won't bring my rope then, and pad is only a maybe thing due to luggage restrictions, but I'll bring personal gear, and then some of my own slings and harware (draws, some passive pro, more biners).

I'll PM both of you a little closer to the departure date, see what you're up to then.

And if we can't hook up then, I'll also be headed home for another semester of school at the end of August. September is a fine time to head back into the woods to some of the buggier crags.

neadamthal

Jun 1, 2003, 3:35 PM
Post #11 of 17 (8628 views)
Shortcut

maritime climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
The climbing around Saint John sucks, but paddling in Reversing Falls is killer.

what are you talking about!??! didn't you ever go to welsford?? was there yesterday (bald peak) and had a blast toproping some glacier polished granite. don't listen to him people. welsford, new brunswick offers hundreds of great trad, some sport, and even a few aid climbs. everything from 5 nothing to a few 13s.

i just started climbing less than a year ago but its got its hooks in me too. just beginning to lead, so i'm not really the best to show you around if that's what level you're at. there are lots of toproping options otherwise.

i heard there was a boulder gathering down there in NS in june, no? sounds really tempting - will have to see where the finances are at that point... :(

cheers

oh, and i have no doubts, tradaddict, about paddling in the falls. you're effing crazy!

jayson

Oct 20, 2004, 5:42 PM
Post #12 of 17 (8628 views)
Shortcut

Moving to halifax [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Im going to be moving to halifax next year im going to be going to the nscc tech institute in halifax im not sure if there are any climbing walls around me if anyone knows of any please send me a message it would be well apreciated.

Jayson

granite_grrl

Oct 21, 2004, 1:30 PM
Post #13 of 17 (8628 views)
Shortcut

Re: Moving to halifax [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Im going to be moving to halifax next year im going to be going to the nscc tech institute in halifax im not sure if there are any climbing walls around me if anyone knows of any please send me a message it would be well apreciated.

Jayson

Which campus are you going to be at? The only gyms on the Halifax penninsula is the Dockyard gym (only open a couple of days a week, on the Navy base, don't know the details to access it) and the wall at the Dalplex. Dalplex is nice, but too expensive unless you're a student there or was going to buy a gym membership (workout gym, weights and pool and stuff). The other two gyms are in Burnside Industrial Park and Bayers Lake Park.

check out the specific NS climbing sites: www.climbnovascotia.com, and ns.bouldering.ca. There aren't too many NS climbers on this site.

When you get into town the best way to get to know people would be to head to what ever events are going on. Comps, the bouldering legue at Ground Zero gym, etc. Find this info out from the site listed above.

Its a great community, not too big, not too small. I think you'll enjoy.

rendog

Nov 4, 2004, 5:37 AM
Post #14 of 17 (8628 views)
Shortcut

Re: Moving to halifax [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

hey I'm also a displaced bluenoser, I currently live in the ROckies, but at the end of November I'm going home to take care of my grandmother. I'm driving down so I'll have my wheels with me. anyone who wants to go climbing should give me a shout

tal

Nov 17, 2004, 9:33 PM
Post #15 of 17 (8628 views)
Shortcut

nova scotia climbers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

i live in nova scotia, and injoy boldering, have a car and live just outside of halifax, and know quite a few routes around here, soooooooooo if you'd like to go boldering i'm ready and willing :D

rendog

Nov 18, 2004, 12:35 AM
Post #16 of 17 (8628 views)
Shortcut

Re: nova scotia climbers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

you climb ice tal?

bkapow

Jul 12, 2010, 1:31 PM
Post #17 of 17 (5185 views)
Shortcut

Re: [blackaven] Nova Scotia Partners [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

[quote "blackaven"]hey,
I just got into this sport and I'm hooked already
now I just need a fellow nova scotian to climb with, hehe
I'm also the manager for the Nova Scotia section of this site and I'd like to get some input from other climbers in the area

[ This Message was edited by: blackaven on 2001-08-04 16:36 ][/quote]

it is the year 2010 and i am in Nova Scotia, have a car and gear for sport climbing. any climbers in halifax area or beyond want to get outside and do some hauling please drop me a line. thanks!

Forums : Climbing Partners : Canada

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook