Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Lake Poway side of Woodson
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

tigermeat

Nov 5, 2004, 10:50 AM
Post #1 of 3 (2001 views)
Shortcut

Lake Poway side of Woodson  (North_America: United_States: California: San_Diego_County: Mt__Woodson)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Anybody have any info on bouldering/toprope opportunities near Lake Poway on Woodson? I would like to hang some topropes for an upcoming cub scouting event, but due to travel don't have a lot of time to bushwack. I haven't seen anything in any guide, but suspect there are possibilities.

Thanks

lazyjammin

Nov 5, 2004, 5:14 PM
Post #2 of 3 (2001 views)
Shortcut

Re: Lake Poway side of Woodson [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

At the poway crags there is some climbing which should be good, though not a lot in the beginner range, there is three 5.8s that I saw in the guidebook mostly in the tens and I dont think most of it is toproping, but I could be wrong. There is a five bolt lead that is 5.8 on Miller Time Wall, had bolt anchors you could set up tr there, anyway nothing easier than 5.8. Anyway hope that helps.

pbjosh

Nov 5, 2004, 5:35 PM
Post #3 of 3 (2001 views)
Shortcut

Re: Lake Poway side of Woodson [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Except for the fact that the Poway crags are further from Woodson, quite a hike in, and closed due to the fire...

There's a myriad of rock on Woodson but not a lot of documentation of stuff off the beaten path. Much of it has been climbed, perhaps only once or twice though. You can go adventuring or you could stick to the better known things. It's also hard to find a decent concentration of relatively easy routes at Woodson, which is something I imagine you'd want for Scouts.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$7.65 (10% off)

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook