RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - West Coast

Premier Sponsor:

climbsomething

Jun 1, 2002, 7:33 AM
Post #1 of 14 (4945 views)
Shortcut

Help us chix hit the road!
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Peep this homies:

Climbsomething and Cragchica (that'd be Hillary and Andria to our mothers) are lookin' for a place to climb that isn't burnin' down. (read: we gotta leave the state). At first I was thinking San Diego would be cool, but now I am gettin' all kinds of idears. So I seek y'alls input in helping us pick a winner from our finalists:

1) San Diego area (mission george, woodson, sante boulders, poway crags, descanso, and otay... list courtesy Wallhammer )

2) JTree (hot or not, we think nothing of it! we're from Arizona. It was 106 here today. pshaw!)

3) the fiesta in Utah

I really can think for myself but I have only been to JTree once of these places, and it was a bummer trip, I was too cold to enjoy myself. so input from locals or whoever else just happens to love these spots would be very cool. post here or PM/email/IM

Hillary

cragchica

Jun 1, 2002, 7:38 AM
Post #2 of 14 (4945 views)
Shortcut

Help us chix hit the road! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Cragchica here... I second that. Help us out, lend some friendly advice - we're newbies to anything outside AZ.

Thanks a bunch!

natec

Jun 1, 2002, 7:48 AM
Post #3 of 14 (4945 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

If you are hittin the road, you gotta come to the valley. It's gettin pretty hot here too but it's a must see climbing destination.

I don't know what your experience level is but a lot of the routes can be pretty in your face as I'm finding out.

The bouldering is fantastic.

Even if you don't climb much when you come here you still have to swing by. Let me know if you are coming and my girlfriend and I can probably arrange for a place for you to stay. Pm me for details.

joemor

Jun 1, 2002, 8:06 AM
Post #4 of 14 (4945 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

go all out...... Australia

if you do make it "down" here ill show u round victoria if u like!

joe

moonshine

Jun 1, 2002, 10:39 PM
Post #5 of 14 (4945 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

go to the fest in slc jun 6 then climb at maple canyon or city of rocks-then go to tuolumne.

funtimes

Jun 1, 2002, 11:11 PM
Post #6 of 14 (4945 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Come to SLC june 6-9
...hmmmm maybe not, after reading cragchica's postings on cheap road-trips, if you two come there won't be any food for me, because you gals know all the tricks
...on well i welcome you anyways but the bananas are all mine, the rest of the fruits are up for grab

abel.

timpanogos

Jun 1, 2002, 11:51 PM
Post #7 of 14 (4945 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Do Utah!

The Tanners Flat Campground is in a very nice local - I think I will drop by, and maybe spend the night, even though I'm within an hour of it. It sure sounds like a blast to me. There is tons of climbing within 1 hour of the campground (with 1/3 of it within 5 minutes)

Partner camhead

Jun 3, 2002, 12:31 AM
Post #8 of 14 (4945 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yup. Ditto the Utah thang. Some of us are planning on hitting City of Rocks afterwards as well, and I will probably be heading down to the desert the week after that.

talons05

Jun 3, 2002, 12:52 AM
Post #9 of 14 (4945 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I will not be at the utah gathering ( ) but I will throw out that the climbing there is amazing. And, of course, with a bunch of RC.com members meeting there, how could you go anywhere else???

A.W.

climber1

Jun 4, 2002, 7:58 PM
Post #10 of 14 (4945 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

check out the east side of the Sierra(around Bishop) all kinds of sport, trad and bouldering.

wigglestick

Jun 4, 2002, 8:20 PM
Post #11 of 14 (4945 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey there is this great place not too far from Arizona that has world class climbing of all types, granite, sandstone, limestone. Sport Trad bouldering etc. It is sunny 300 days a year and although you say you don't mind the heat I am sure that you could survive the frigid 75 degree days that last all summer. Make sure you write the name of this place down because you might forget it. It is called COLORADO!!!!

No matter where you go I am sure that 2 road tripping chix from Arizona will have no trouble finding nice comfy couches to crash on as you travel. In fact I might know of one in Denver

bradhill

Jun 4, 2002, 8:26 PM
Post #12 of 14 (4945 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The front range in Colorado has probably the best variety of trad, sport and bouldering in the country if you're on a road trip. Lumpy Ridge, Eldorado Canyon, the Flatirons, Boulder Canyon, Rocky Mountain National Park, Garden of the Gods, Clear Creek Canyon, South Platte, etc. etc. etc. On the way you can hit the Black Canyon of the Gunnison, or Rifle Mountain Park.

I just went to climbingboulder.com and found over 250 routes rated at three stars in the 5.6-5.9 range. That's just an online compilation of the best of the best. The crag guide for Estes Park alone has over 600 routes, and that doesn't even include the high peaks in Rocky Mountain Nat. Park.

You just can't beat it. With two hours or less of driving you can climb great routes on new rock with new scenery every day for two weeks. And the weather's great, too. (rarely over 90 in Boulder or 80 in Estes Park)

phlyfisher

Jun 4, 2002, 8:26 PM
Post #13 of 14 (4945 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Definately Utah and salt lake city. There is so much climbing around here and it not as hot. PLenty to do on rest days as well.

Climb on climba

cragchica

Jun 5, 2002, 1:46 AM
Post #14 of 14 (4945 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lol, geo!

That hot buttered rum sounds great, especially since all I can think of here in Tucson is frozen margaritas and cold Coronas.

The thought is very tempting...

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - West Coast

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook