Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
queen victoria trail beta
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

pupjr

Nov 19, 2004, 7:55 PM
Post #1 of 4 (1621 views)
Shortcut

queen victoria trail beta  (North_America: United_States: Arizona: Central: Sedona_Spires)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Can anyone give any specific beta for getting to base of queen victoria? Besides "drive on schnelby 2 miles, and park and take the the trail." Which trail? (the left one, or the right one) is there bush whacking involved? If i do take the right trail do i follow it going parrellel to the dirt road, if this is true, why can't i just park farther down the dirt road? As you can tell I need pretty specific directions. and yes i do have a guidebook, "castle in the sand" But it give no beta to the base, except parking. Tried to get beta from the local shop, but I think there was some confusion on both sides.
Thanks in advanced.
Eric

pupjr

Nov 20, 2004, 2:01 PM
Post #2 of 4 (1621 views)
Shortcut

Re: queen victoria trail beta [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

errr.... bump...

joshklingbeil

Nov 19, 2005, 5:35 AM
Post #3 of 4 (1621 views)
Shortcut

Re: queen victoria trail beta [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

From 1.9 miles up schnebly park and walk 1 min to to the west to a steep dranage hike drainage directaly towards the spire. The trail is faint at first and then gets better. The hike should take you no longer than 45 mins.

Bonan

Mar 20, 2010, 9:00 AM
Post #4 of 4 (624 views)
Shortcut

Re: [pupjr] queen victoria trail beta [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

OK, so I found that people don't understand there compass directions. So when you park at the 1.9 mile mark on your od, go down the little trail, you will see a picnic table on your right and left. Now if you go left that is west, look at your compass, if you go right, that is north. The north one is the one you want, so go right, take this trail till it comes up on a wash, look to your left and you will see a trail that leads up to the climbing area. This trail is also a bike trail so be careful of bikers, also it splits off to the right about 1/2mile in, just stay on the big trail. Now if you want you can take a short cut to this trail, but it might get you lost. When you go right you will walk about 200 yards and come up on a water fall, well that is the first wash everyone talks about, you must get up on this and follow it till you come to the end, there you must scramble up that till you come to the next kinda water fall, climb that , not hard to do, walk 20 feet and you will come up on the trail, take the one that has the most bike tracks on it, if you take the other one, it comes to an end about 100 yards in. this I promise will take you to the Queen. Have fun. it will take you 45 min to get there.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook